Forum home Babies Baby

when to start using sleeping bags ?

My lo is only 6wks old but he's really long and I don't think he'll be in his basket or crib for much longer. We've been given a lovely sleeping bag but I'm not sure when we should start using it. Thanks S x

[Modified by: SuzMcH on 17 November 2008 17:39:42 ]

Replies

• As long as he's above the weight limit on the bag (it should say on the label) then you're fine to use it. We put lo in a sleeping bag when she moved from the moses basket into the cot and it was great- so much more convenient.
  • as Poz said, as long he is above the weight on the bag then its fine. they do start from newborn. we used one when charlie was 8 weeks. it is great i wish i had bought one sooner. At least u don't have to worry about lo slipping under the blankets or kicking them off in the night
  • as Poz said, as long he is above the weight on the bag then its fine. they do start from newborn. we used one when charlie was 8 weeks. it is great i wish i had bought one sooner. At least u don't have to worry about lo slipping under the blankets or kicking them off in the night
  • Like your LO, Teagan is long, and we started using sleeping bags around 5-6 weeks. They are great! As already said, no need to worry about them kicking them off and getting cold in the night and no risk of choking. Plus they look so cute in them!!!

Corinna x