Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

23 and still feel young! Anyone else feel the same?

Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone around my age still feels too young to have children! My partner and I always wanted children but now its happening I feel so young and scared Im not ready!

I have just got myself a new job as a teacher where everyone is 35 + just having children or got young children and I'm sure they look down on me for being pregnant so early and especially because Im not married! Does anyone else feel the same?

xxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• i was 19 when i had my first, i am now on my 4th at the age of 34 and i still feel young! to be on my 4th! xx

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/23/2378/237840.png

• I am 23 and TTC, I know what you mean, I am excited about the thought of having a LO but a bit scared and worried that I am too young!
    My Mum had a 4 and 2 year old by my age, I keep telling myself that whenever I wonder if I am old enough. We got married 2 months ago and I feel too young to be married too!
  • i had my first at 21 and hving my last at 36. my eldest reenage daughter makes me feel young in that ive no idea somtimes what to do with her.she at that age.But noone looks down on anyone anymore thank god so enjoy the attention and remember you are a young professional lady who is pregnant. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:
  • I was 21 when I had my first. My partner is 16 years older then me and has 2 boys from a previous marriage. I am now 23 and having my second. When I was expecting Freya we wanted children but when I fell pregnant I was scared and comtemplated an aportion. I decided against it and couldn't be happier. I also feel too young to be a mum and do miss the social life I used to have but then I think I would if I was 33. LoL. We are also due to get married next year and am also terrified to do that at 23. LoL. I do feel sometimes that people look at me funny because of the age gap between me and oh. But at the end of the day it is nobody elses buisness. And I am sure no one is looking down on you.

Kerry, Freya and Bump
    X X X
  • I was 22 when i had my first. i'm now on my third and will be 30 when it's born and i still feel young and like i don't know what i'm doing. I think i'm more confident once i've had the baby rather than being pg and going into the unknown! x

Jo 10 +1
  • Im 24 and had my son when i was 21 and got married 7 months after having him (i was 22 by then) and am now almost 7 weeks pregnant with our second baby. People are suprised we are so youngg but when you meet that person you want to be with and have children with, you just know dont you! I love bein married and a mum in my early twenties xx congrats to everyone xx
  • Yep I am 23 and hubby is 35 and we both feel a bit young still. I especially felt young on holiday this year when all my mates of the same age were talking about 'going on the pull' and out drinking!

Mind you, I would not change anything for the world now! I love my hubby to bits and neither of us are people who go clubbing much - we just go to the theatre every now and again which isn't too bad for getting babysitters for those odd occassions.

I am really scared stiff though but at least we're young enough to play with our kids and will (hopefully) still be young 20 odd years on when/if we have grankids and be able to run around with them too!
  • I totally agree with you SazaJ bout being young enough to play with the kids and grandkids! Thats a benefit of starting early!! x
  • I feel really young too, I'm 24 and have a 2 month n 18 month olds. At the moment I'm trying to work out if we have more when we should as i like the thought of being young enough to enjoy playing with our lo's. We were playing in the snow today it was great fun!
  • hi i just wanted to say that i got married a month before my 20th birthday and my daughter was born a month before my 21st, i am 23 next week and almost 25 weeks pregnant with number 2 and i am soooo glad that i have done it early i never once regretted settling down so young and i think to be honest when i was younger and thought about what i'd be doing when i was 23 this is what i imagined! I know it is scary as your friends are all probably going out clubbing etc and you will be a mummy so won't be able to do it as much but your life won't stop-it gets so much better. My daughter is my whole life and i would never have it any other way. To be honest i did lose contact with afew friends of my age but i made new friends when i had my daughter and they are some of the best friends i've ever had. It is natural to feel scared about this and think your not ready but i don't think it matters how old you are when you chose to have children-you will always get a bit scared and worry about it. xxx

http://b3.lilypie.com/QPXl0/.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/d9vl0/.png