Forum home Babies Baby

Totally stupid but...

I know this is going to sound totally stupid....

Lucy has only been in the world for 6 weeks and 5 days but i feel like i've known her my whole life. I was just in her room shushing her back to sleep (for what feels like the 700th time tonight) and while i was looking at her i thought, i can't remember what my life was like before her! If i didn't know i'd given birth to her i'd still know she was my daughter.

Sorry for the totally random pointless post but i just wanted to share.

Laura and Lucy x

(Oh she's off again, must get back to my shushing!)

Replies

• yeah i totally know what u mean, i can't even remember what i used to do before i had JJ, apart from posting on the pregnancy forum :lol: x
  • Me too - Evan is not far off 6 months and everyday I cant believe he is mine even now and when I have an hour to myself it just feels weird cause he aint there!!!
  • Yeah i know exactly wot u mean to! I cant remember what i did! i wouldnt have it any other way!

LOve ur pic btw xxxxxx
  • totally agree! my dh and I say that all the time and have done since we bought her home.

it's a lovely feeling isn't it!
  • Gosh yes i know how you feel!I dont know what i did before and i too wouldnt have it any other way
  • Even with the sleepless nights and stinky nappies?! A 1000 times yes!
  • Don't forget in your hair! lol
  • I know what you mean and my lo is 13 months. I kept asking my oh for months after I had Freya 'Do I have to give her back??' To whom I would have to give her back too, I have no idea but the whole thing just felt so unreal. I never knew I could be so in love, its almost painful at times.

I do remember what I used to do. I worked, I could get up and be out of the house in under an hour. I used to have lyins on my day off, I could drink and nurse an hangover in peace. I had a wast and a reasonably flat tummy. LoL. But I wouldn't change a thing!! Well maybe the squeeling when she hears the word no, LoL. It makes my teeth tingle.

Kerry, Freya and Bump
    X X X
  • Awww, what a nice post Laura. I know what you mean, but I'm kind of torn between 2 sides, on the one hand I can't believe that Beth is mine and me and oh get to keep her (well until she gets to 18 or 20 or whatever!!). On the other hand it seems so weird that there was ever a time when I didn't know her. I've only been out without her a couple of times but each time I had this vague feeling like I'd forgotten something!
  • Even though i'm fairly new over here in Baby i though a nice post to remind everyone of why we're here in the first place might spread some love (cheesy huh?!) x
  • Cheesy but much appreciated!
    Btw I love your avatar.
  • Thanks! She's about as photogenic as her mam lol!