Forum home Babies Baby

who had some snow

who had some snow yet? i think we had some but not seen it yet. Are going make snowmen and how love havening snow ball fights wont do like about or do not like snow ?

[Modified by: cazmac10 on 24 November 2008 19:39:13 ]

Replies

• We had some yesterday but then it rained. I dont mind the snow, it looks very pretty but when it turns to slush or ice thats when i hate it!!
  • I HATE SNOW!!!

Oooh - Time for me to go in my box in the attic surrounded by straw - and cake to see me through the next 3 months!!! (Am sure the older members who used to watch Blue Peter will understand that comment lol\)|
  • I hate snow. It seems to keep you in the house. It is cold enough for snow but I hope it stays far away.
  • Hate snow too - horrible cold, slippery stuff, conspiring to make it impossible to leave house (by foot, fall flat on face and freeze half to death...by car, sliding all over the road).

Sorry Lee - don't understand..?!?
  • No snow for us in wigan but we never get it

Lee are you referring to the tortoise that was put away for the winter? Was his name george? I remember him and im only 22. Unless im way off and thats not what you are on about.
  • You got it MKT86 - every year Blue Peter showed you how to get a tortoise ready for hibernation in the attic!

A big box with air holes in the top, then fill with straw and put the tortoise in then cover with straw again and leave in the attic (where heat rises to) for the entire winter!!!

I never ever had a tortoise but for some reason always remember that lol
    xxxxx

(maybe I hate being cold soo much coz I am a re-incarnated tortoise pmsl)

[Modified by: Tommysmum! on November 24, 2008 08:42 PM]

• Oh god i just had mumnesia!! I couldnt remember the word hibernation!

I just googled it and it turns out george was the fourth tortoise on blue peter. You better hope you do better than Maggie and Jim when you pack yourself off for the winter!!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Peter_pets
  • i absolutely LOVE snow!! but we never get any down here in cornwall which sucks. i grew up in fife where it snowed lots and i loved everything about it. my sister had some there yesterday, she sent a pic of my neice's & nephew playing out in it, i was so jealous!! xx

oh and on cbeebies yesterday, they were showing how to put a turtle away for the winter. xx
  • i absolutely LOVE snow!! but we never get any down here in cornwall which sucks. i grew up in fife where it snowed lots and i loved everything about it. my sister had some there yesterday, she sent a pic of my neice's & nephew playing out in it, i was so jealous!! xx

oh and on cbeebies yesterday, they were showing how to put a turtle away for the winter. xx
  • No snow here. But we rarely get snow down here in cornwall and we never get it where I live as I live right next to the sea. I have to admit I do get jealous when I read that some of you guys on here have got snow. Its not fair ! lol