Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

HELP......... Please xxx

I am so very tired... so excuse the presentation... but.......

Eoin_ usually sleeps 7pm-6.30/7am
If he stirs (rare) I just let him cry & he settles or I pop in, tuck him in, leave room, he winges then back off 2 sleep quickly.
He been poorly last week or so , so I have been settling him more during night
Now he better, he is waking SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Early - 5am for 3 nights then 4am this morn!!!!
He wont go back off, just cries... I end up giving him toys in cot to occupy him.
But I just dont get it!!! Why... will it be 3am tomo????
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Replies

• i know how you feel. I work full time and Summer wakes anywhere between 4 - 7am it's a nightmare. Last night she woke at 2.30 and to be honest i just left her crying she eventually went back to sleep at 4 this morning and woke up at 7.20 by her daddy getting ready for work.

Last week she was waking dead on 5am so what i started doing was bring in with us so that i get a few more hours sleep but realised this had to stop. So since Saturday i just leave her crying. The first two nights she'd go back to sleep within 30 mins but last night was different but i still left her. I hate it and it doesn't help that last night i watched the advert where the little boy's in his cot with the voice over saying "he knows not to cry and noone comes to him whether he crys or not". Summer is 16 months now so she should be sleeping through.

Sorry got no advice really only what i've started doing. xxx
  • Could it be hunger, I know sonny sometimes doesn't drink his bedtime bottle or has not eaten a lot in the day & wakes up in the middle ofthe night hungry, so I just lob a bottle of warm milk at him & leave him to go back to sleep. Works everytime & hasn't become a habit. Just every now & then. Maybe try giving them a little top up before bed of porridge & see what happens?
  • Thankyou ladies... I think it may be hunger as he hasnt been eating very well............. thank you again xxxx