Forum home Babies Baby

Am i asking to much?????

Ok im a asking to much that if im sitting in wating for someone to come round that they call me and let me know if they cant make it, i spent all yestarday weighting in for the heath visitor to show up we had an aranged apointment for 10am i weighted in all day only leaving for 30 mins to pick my son up from school, hubby was at home the whole time and she never showed up while i was out either.

Why is it that people think that as soon as you have kids that you have nothing else to do but sit in and weight around for other people.
The fact is i dont like to stay in all day even if all i do is take justin to school, and then a trip to the shops with the other two, i just like to get out and get some fresh air.

Replies

• yes thats really annoying, it happened to me when i had my son, midwife was due round at 9am so i was up and ready and completely knackered and she didn't show, the next morning i rang to complain/rearange and they couldn't apologise enough and there was another midwife at my door within half an hour, i think somebody got in a lot of trouble for that!! LOL
  • yes thats really annoying, it happened to me when i had my son, midwife was due round at 9am so i was up and ready and completely knackered and she didn't show, the next morning i rang to complain/rearange and they couldn't apologise enough and there was another midwife at my door within half an hour, i think somebody got in a lot of trouble for that!! LOL

Lucky you i cant get a hold of them, i dont have a number for them and the docs dont have a number for them either x
  • HVs should know better than to let you down like that!! I live in an area where Sure start do a load of things with new mums, since i had cameron they have been going on and on about this thing called headstart..a 12 week course consisting of things such as rescusitation etc. I was really looking forward to it as a chance to meet other mums and to learn some life saving things. anyhoo, i rang up the other day cos i still havent had my invite for the sessions and theyre half way through the course!! so i cant join cos its too far into it! and get this....i cant go on the next one as cameron will be more than 6 months and they dont like active babies going!! so im missing out! she said she doesnt know why i was missed off the invite list...not much of a consolation for me! :0( sorry, whine over!
    ring up when you get a number (is there not one in your red book?) and kick some arse hun
    xx
  • HVs should know better than to let you down like that!! I live in an area where Sure start do a load of things with new mums, since i had cameron they have been going on and on about this thing called headstart..a 12 week course consisting of things such as rescusitation etc. I was really looking forward to it as a chance to meet other mums and to learn some life saving things. anyhoo, i rang up the other day cos i still havent had my invite for the sessions and theyre half way through the course!! so i cant join cos its too far into it! and get this....i cant go on the next one as cameron will be more than 6 months and they dont like active babies going!! so im missing out! she said she doesnt know why i was missed off the invite list...not much of a consolation for me! :0( sorry, whine over!
    ring up when you get a number (is there not one in your red book?) and kick some arse hun
    xx

i would look in the red book but here in glasgow they dont do them, you dont get a book of any sort it pathetic, the only child i got a red book for was my oldest son who is 6 and thats because we lived in orkney when he was born x
  • Happened to me too when Sonny was first out of hospital, first one turned up the day after release but the next app some girtl of about 12 was supposed to come round & didn't, they claimed they didn't have my numbers to tell me, amazing really considering all the info was on my pregnancy folder. I went mental & when she finally turned up a coupel of days later I ripped a shread off her.

I agree, just cause you have a new baby they assume you are just sitting around all day, some of us have lives & things to do & they got told so too image
  • When the midwifes visited, the didn't give a time, it was a pain as we knew the day but couldn't plan to do anything. The idea was that they just turned and could tell if you were coping. With the hv, she phoned that morning and we were out, my dh phoned to say that the time she said was ok, whoever answered the phone was nearly narky and we didn't know if she'd gt the message or not until she turned up 30mins late!
  • I didnt get given a time either , it was just morning or afternoon! The midwife was meant to come within 48 hrs of my discharge from hosp... she never came!! When I rang they said sorry and arranged for the 5th day after discharge, then the midwife rang me that day and said we have to do chk over phone... so she asked a few Questions and said "it all seems fine to me , we will be in touch". I wanted my stitches chkd over so ended up going docs!!! Then a few days later as we were about to venture out with LO for first time, who appeared out of the blue?? A bloody midwife! Typical!!!