Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

horrible old woman!

I was at the hospital today and in the waiting area got talking to some old ladies - they always like to coo over the baby!

I told them he was 10 months old, and one of them asked if he could talk yet. I said just the usual words at this stage, you know, mama, dada etc. So the old woman said 'never mind, don't worry. Some babies are just a bit slower.' Apparently her kids were talking by 6 months and when her eldest was just 15 months she would send him on his little bike to the shop and he could ask for a loaf of bread and a pint of milk. She was so patronising about my 'slow' little boy.

Is it just me, or was she talking absolute bull***t? I don't know any babies who could say anything at 6 months!

Replies

• Options
    Oh dear poor old lady! Having to make someone else feel bad just to make yourself feel better. Wonder what her advanced lo is doing now? Would totally ignore poor lady.x
  • Options
    LOL - she must have been insane poor love x
  • Options
    oh dear, maybe her memory is going! I thought it was odd the other day when my nan asked if louise was talking yet - I said no (she only 4 months) and she said something along the lines of 'never mind, she will be soon'.
  • Options
    i think sometimes older women forget what their ol did and at what age. my ol is 9 months and doesen t really talk the odd muma or dad da. just ignore people like her
  • Options
    I've never heard of a LO talking quite that early!! Silly old bat - dementia must be taking over! Forget she even said anything!

xx
  • Options
    Erm asking for a pint of milk by 15 months?! Hmmm - having said that I spoke to a lady on holiday whos lo was 4 1/2 months and he was saying mama, dada, and baba! I heard it too - very surprised. Gabe is nearly 7 months and he is saying mama and dada. But most kids arent talking in proper sentences until at least age 2 - 3. xx
  • Options
    :lol: what planet is she on??? Sorry but talking at 6 months and riding a little bike at 15 months LMAO!!!!! OMG that makes Isaac look like a total dimbo bless him, he is 19 months and only just walking, best get that trike out now and make him practice day and night till he perfects it . ha ha ha sorry to laugh but that has brightened up an otherwise pretty crappy day for me. xxx
  • Options
    bless, reckon it was sooo long ago shes clearly forgotten what her kid was doing when x