Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

WHAT SHOULD HE BE DOING AT 4 MONTH

MY BB IS 4 MONTHS TODAY AND I WONDER ABOUT WHAT SHOULD HE BE DOING BY NOW.
SOUND MAKING, MOVEMENTS OR STAFF LIKE THAT.

WHAT IS YOUR BB DOING NEW?

XXXX

Replies

• hey,

the trouble is that every baby is different, but I find this website really good as it gives you what they should be doing, what they are learning to do and what some babies could be doing if ahead
    http://www.annabelkarmel.com/age-range/pregnancy-newborns

for 4 months -
    MASTERED SKILLS - At 4 months old, most babies can:
    ??????? Hold head steady when upright
    ??????? Sit in an upright position with support
    ??????? Can bear weight on his legs when supported
    ??????? Coo when you talk to him.

EMERGING SKILLS - may be able to:
    ??????? Start to roll over from front to back, but not able to roll from back to front
    ??????? Grasp a rattle or small toy
    ??????? Reach for an object.

ADVANCED - a few babies can:
    ??????? Imitate some simple sounds like da-da or ma-ma
    ??????? Sit without support.

My lo is 4 1/2 months - she can sit without support but has only rolled from front to back once
    (by accident I think lol) and can olny roll from back onto her side.
  • baby is nearly five months and after reading what everyone else's lo are doing i think he is really behind! he hasn't got full control of his head yet. started sitting him with support but the problem i have is that is scrunches his stomach and he brings up his milk and for this reason can't give him a lot of tummy time so he can start rolling. he is very attentive though. grabs objects. the animals on his play gym get a right battering and pulling
  • well my bb can hold hean since he was 2 months!! and can roll only when he wants even if i put a toy to try and make him he just roll to his side and smile, belive me i think he is very clever!!

xx
  • millie could hold her head up from 8 weeks properly. she is just 3 months now and is trying soooo hard to roll over she is so nearly there, ( from back to side) she can sit for 5 secs on her own then she'll fall to the side lol she bears weight on her legs has done since a few weeks old ( she loves it!- thats why she loves her bouncer sooo much!!) and she is cooing sooo much now i really love listening to her! x