Forum home Babies Baby

AB NEGATIVE BLOOD??

hi guys im sure some of u not many! but some are like me with silly AB negative blood.

please join this group so we all know where we are in case any of us need a bit of blood! oooh and invite all ur friends on facebook need to grab as many as we can!

xxx
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=52148761290

[Modified by: upsy_daisy on 02 December 2008 15:06:29 ]

Replies

• cant join you on this as i'm B Neg - but i'm one of 2% of the population (as my request for blood donation tells me every time it comes!!), and yours is rarer than mine!!

one thing that is pretty nifty for you, is if you need a blood transfusion at any time, as long as you recieve blood that is Rh Negative, you can have any type!! whereas i can only have O neg, or B neg!! (saying that, they will try and transfuse you your own unless they have no choice at all!! - usually start anyone off with O Neg anyway!)

so, just to hijack the post (sorry Upsy_daisy!) if anyone is O Neg, go and be a blood donor!

or just incase you dont mind being one anyway.....
  • i would love to give bloody but i have really rubbish veins! but am on the emergancy list so will give blood if someone specifically needs my blood and they aint got any! x
  • i would love to give bloody but i have really rubbish veins! but am on the emergancy list so will give blood if someone specifically needs my blood and they aint got any! x
  • I am A neg and give blood as A neg is fairly rare too - I have juicy veins as every nurse I've ever met has mentioned lol - so it's no prob for me. I'm looking forward to doing it again when Gabe's 9 months - its a great excuse to have some free tea and biscuits & put my feet up! :lol:

Gabe and OH are AB+!
  • bumping for jay xx
  • AB positive is almost as rare i think its like 4%! i soooo wish i could give blood but they barely squeeze enough out of me to test let alone give someone else! x
  • Im A- and will definately be donating blood once i can. I have never done it before and i have terrible veins but i want to do it at least once. Someone donated their blood so i could have my anti d so i feel if im willing to take it i should give it!

My baby is B- so we think my husband may be B- too so i have persuaded him to go give blood. We are lucky as they come to work a few times a year so we dont even have to go anywhere.
  • they wudnt tell us what brooke is only that she is negative. wow ur lo is lucky not to have got ab-!!
    hubby reckons he is o - but not sure.
  • They told me that Gabe was AB+ in the hospital, because he was positive, I had to have the anti-D after the birth too as well as during my pg.
  • My sister in law's boyfriend and his twin sister are ab neg! They can rely on each other lol! Her last boyfriend was ab pos. I think she must like men who are of the AB blood type! lol! I'm A- my boy is o- like his daddy.
  • My sister in law's boyfriend and his twin sister are ab neg! They can rely on each other lol! Her last boyfriend was ab pos. I think she must like men who are of the AB blood type! lol! I'm A- my boy is o- like his daddy.