Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Does this sound right??

Hi girls,

I am now mixed feeding my daughter due to b'feeding probs, she gets fussy after 5mins or so on the boob. So after 5/10 mins on the boob I then give her 3oz of formula and she usually takes it all. I am feeding her roughly every 3hours. Does this sound ok to you or due you think I need to up the amount of oz's I am giving her, occasionally she will take 4 after a b'feed.

Also sometimes if there is not bottle made up I put the boiled water in a bottle and pop into a jug of v cold water for quickness, is this ok? Most of the time I make up the bottles in the morning and just leave (with the boiled water in) and pop in the poweder when she is ready for a feed, sometimes I warm them slightly in a jug of hot water if its a cold day.

Hope it all sounds right??

Thanks, Amy xxx

Replies

• hi amy,

how old is your lo?

if she is still small and fairly new, what you are doing is probably fine!! however, instead of topping her up when she starts getting fussy, have you tried swapping to the other boob?

if you still see your MW, ask for another visit to see if she has any advice - more than likely she will try to keep you just b/f, but she could just help you out!
  • Hu hun,

She is 3months tomorrow oops meant to put that!!

I try to put her on the other boob but she doesnt like that either and it makes her gassy as she just gets the fore milk no hind milk.

My hv was the one who recommended trying her on ebm or formula to see if she was still hungry after the breast and she always is. I can n olonger express - only get about an oz and that has been for the last month. I intorduced the formula more often a week ago.

xx