Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

help due bk in wrk feb and not so sure

wondering if anyone is in the same position im a manager in a retail store so i work all kinds of hours and my husband is on a 5wk rota which doesnt help. im due bk to work in feb i wanted to go back but know its getting closer im not in a rush to go back if you know what i mean. child care costs so much we're looking at about 250a month on care costs. we wil be fine when i go back to work but i would like to know what i could get etc if i werent to go back. as we have a morgage etc.

just the thought of not seeing my husband and son much or all together as a family.

Replies

• got a while then. it is unfair i agree how the system works as my friend doesnt wrk only her husband normal wage and she gets more than a full time wrking person nd she as a mortgage. just im getting worried now as xmas is soon here and feb aint far behind. thanks hunni
  • got a while then. it is unfair i agree how the system works as my friend doesnt wrk only her husband normal wage and she gets more than a full time wrking person nd she as a mortgage. just im getting worried now as xmas is soon here and feb aint far behind. thanks hunni
  • i dunno what i wanna do yet. i def wanna do part time but i want to do 4 8-4 shifts..i work in an office. but i have to have my back to work interview with a right awkward cow and i know she will reject this. it isnt worth me working till 5 cos i sit in traffic for over an hour and if i work till 6 im gonna literally be putting cameron in the car at grandmas, fetchin him home, bathin him and putting him straight to bed! he's usually in bed by 7!
    think im going to have to look for a new job! but def not doing full time hours.
  • I am in the same boat hun, due back to work in March (have alook at my post stay at home mummy with one baby!) Dont think we are entiltled to any help either although hubby doesn't earn that much. I am off to the CAB tomorrow to find out though. xxx
  • totally agree with u all. they wrk these things out so stupidly. when u (tamarabell) go to the CBA could u just let me know what they say, just for interest.i think it should be tha same for everyone.
  • Hi girls, just back from the CAB and they have worked everything out as it stands now and at the moment we are getting about ??20 a week child tax credits and according to them we should be getting about ??50 a week plus ??15 a week working tax credits. So I have spoke to the tax credits people and they have reassested out claim so will get a letter soon.
    Have to go back tomorrow to the CAB and they are gonna work out if it would be better for me to go back to work or stay at home so I will let you know.
    Definatly worth ringing the tax credit people though to see if you should be getting more. xxxxx
  • Hi girls, just back from the CAB and they have worked everything out as it stands now and at the moment we are getting about ??20 a week child tax credits and according to them we should be getting about ??50 a week plus ??15 a week working tax credits. So I have spoke to the tax credits people and they have reassested out claim so will get a letter soon.
    Have to go back tomorrow to the CAB and they are gonna work out if it would be better for me to go back to work or stay at home so I will let you know.
    Definatly worth ringing the tax credit people though to see if you should be getting more. xxxxx