Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A cold

My baby came down with a cold yesterday, she was a bit chesty saturday night, she woke up yesterday really bad, Bless her.
Shes really not with it, you usually have to fight with her for a good half an hour to get her to sleep but since yesterday all shes done is sleep. When she wakes up, shes a bit dozy for 10-15 minuites then shes sleeping again. I dont want to give her anything as shes not really with it if you know what i mean, id be a bit worried that it would make her worse.
Im taking her to the doctors in a bit, he'll probably just give me calpol for her temp.
Does anyone have any home remedies i can try? Shes 5 months so i dont want to be filling her with medicine. :cry:

Replies

• Options
    Its prob best to let her sleep it off but unless she has a chest infection or somthing then doc will prob just give you calpol like you say. i think this year has been a particularbad year for colds and that took my lo to docs last week thought he had a chest infection and ended up in hosp for night for second time this year hope your lo is ok doc will be best one to advise you xx
  • Options
    bless her. sleep is the best thing for her. The doc gave my lo some decongestant nose drops which were fantastic. And said she needed some ibroprofin as she had a viral infection inc some spots along with her cold and cough. I have peviously used nasosol which is a saline that clears lo's nose - not really medicine, it clears nose as they cant blow it.

You can raise the head end of her cot to help her breath and take her into a steamy room (run hot taps/shower in bathroom.

Hope she feels better soon

Lisa and Lou