Forum home Babies Baby

Mum's Secret Clubs!

Hiya Girls!

Isin't it funny that before you get pregnant you don't even know about it .. this 'secret club' but once you've had a baby you get those 'knowing looks' and 'certain smiles' from other that are in the club too!

it's like mum's you've just met will tell you there most inner secrets, imbarressing birth stories IN DETAIL.. & tell you the TRUTH about kids! lol

lol sometimes it feels like there should almost be a secret hand shake!

I can't even put my finger on what i'm trying to explain but has anyone else experianced it? you must have! lol your all in it too!

:lol: does anyone even know what i'm going on about lol? :lol:

Replies

• I know what you mean. When you walk past a mum pushing a pram when you are pushing yours they always give you a smile. When you are in a lift with another mum and start discussing how old your babies are. When you are at the baby clinic and you start cooing over each other babies. When you are in the doctors waiting room discussing colic.

There is definitely a secret club. Theres a male one too. Have you ever noticed how when two men pushing prams walk past each other they look really proud!!!
  • Oops
    x

[Modified by: Tommysmum! on December 15, 2008 07:41 PM]

• and again - oops xx

[Modified by: Tommysmum! on December 15, 2008 07:42 PM]

• I soooo know what you mean!

The little nods to other mums when their lo's are having a tantrum which means I completely understand and sympathise! These I have both given and received lol

xxxxx

• Hehe, I know it well! I think there's a feeling of being in it together with other mums, even if you've never met before!

xxx
  • yeah i know that look all to well, like when your little one is being a madam in a shop single ppl look at you like they think children should be seen and not heard but other mums give you that look that says i know what your going through lol x
  • I soooo know what you mean!!! When Gabe was 6 weeks old I had a 1/2 hour chat with a woman with a 7 month old girl in Sainsburys (in the baby aisle obviously). We'd had our lo's at the same hospital, both c-sections, hers had been 10lb 1 and Gabe was 9lb 1 (figured this out within 5 mins of asking the usual questions)so we had something in common and chatted about birth stories and big babies!

Now I can't go to the baby changing rooms in town cos I know I'll be ages talking to a random mum about teething, feeding, sleeping.....its happened sooooo many times!

[Modified by: **Tiger Lily** on December 15, 2008 07:51 PM]

• lol I am soo glad i'm not alone in thinking this but when you say it out loud you sound a odd .. mum's secret club! lol I didn't know what to call it or couldn't really explain what i was trying to get at.. but clearly it exsists because you all know what i'm wittering on about!

any other examples? :lol: x
  • I've the chatting to other mums in feeding/changing rooms.

I've also found that the mum's of children i've taught - some who have younger children and go to the same baby/toddler group as me - talk to me differently now and tell me things they wouldn't have before.

I have a friend who had a little girl 3 weeks before me and we telll each other things in far more detail than I would have expected! lol
  • Yep definately a mums club! lol!

there is also a bikers club - unless you have a motorbike you've probably never noticed but bikers will always nod as they go past each other, and will let other bikers pull out at junctions and stuff.

Must say I'd never noticed the male one - will have to look out for that. Hubby has said he finds when he's out on his own with lo, he gets dirty looks from women and stuff and unlike when i'm out with the buggy, people don't hold doors open for the buggy or anything like that. Does anyone elses oh find that?
  • yes unless they have kids of there own ppl never really open door, they wont give up the buggy seats of the bus or anything.

the one that really pisses me of is getting to the trafic lights with the kids and while i make the press the botton and weight for the green man some idiot will come up and just cross, causing one of mine to go to follow them is it really that hard for them to weight when small children are there.

or the day i gave birth i went out and had to get a bus with my 3 year old daughter, the bus was full and the only person that offered to give me there seat was a laby in her 70s which i declined as she needed the seat just as much if not more than i did, and its not link it wasnt obviouse 17 hours later i went into labour and gave birth to a 10lb 6oz baby and looked bigger than a house lol.

Yep definately a mums club! lol!

there is also a bikers club - unless you have a motorbike you've probably never noticed but bikers will always nod as they go past each other, and will let other bikers pull out at junctions and stuff.

Must say I'd never noticed the male one - will have to look out for that. Hubby has said he finds when he's out on his own with lo, he gets dirty looks from women and stuff and unlike when i'm out with the buggy, people don't hold doors open for the buggy or anything like that. Does anyone elses oh find that?
  • I've noticed the bikers club, and used to be part of it till i met hubby.... was always nice to get a nod from another biker.

There are a couple of ladies that come into th shop that are about the same as me in preg (all about 6 months ish) so we always have a natter about how we're feeling and what's been happening.
    Hubby says he always gets a nod from other dads, and people stop him to talk to him and Ollie (but he is a postie so knows everybody lol)

i find people hold the door for us both with the pram, ive usually got hold of the dog and hubby is pushing the pram, and people tend to know we come as a foursome (at the moment)

xxx
  • Oh Stephe I didn't know you were a biker chick too! (biker chick is what a mate of mine used to call me and it kinda stuck!). Funniest thing with teh bikers nodding was when I'd just bought my 250cc bike and was still restricted on bike size the shop had to give me a courtesy bike and the only one small enough was a moped which I refused to ride! Dad t hought he'd have a laugh and take it for a ride so he got all dressed up in his full leathers and went off riding around on this pathetic little moped nodding to all the bikers - they all ignored him image
  • Kia - LMAO. sorry image i have images of a biker on a moped... :lol:

I never got around to getting my own bike (when i had the money to i bought the pub instead :roll: ) but dated a couple of bikers for the four years previous to that... went everywhere on them, the bulldog bash, NABD (when it was at york dragway and also near jodrel bank), faro, some really small rallies here and there.....
    I had to put my leathers into semi retirement in the loft... not sure if i'd even fit into them anymore image

Mark isnt keen on bikes at all, so looks like i've got to wait now till the kids have grown up before he'll consider me having one :lol: (I bet Ollie or Marissa comes home on one before i do... )

have to say i really enjoyed the sportster, he had it customised with a 1350 kit, and had all sorts done to it - and boy was it loud! Used to ride to uni and back on it every day image the legend was ok, but it hadnt been looked after so was a bit poorly sick.

(sorry for hijacking the thread image )

xxxx
  • Stephe don't be sorry for laughing! It was 10 years ago and it still makes me laugh! My dad is a bugger..lol. He did it just for badness to see if any bikers would nod at a dirty moped!

My leathers are in retirement in the loft now too - sold my bike in Jan and bought a tumble dryer. How sad is that!! My dad had a bike when I was a kid and I always said I'd get one and did when I was 21 - dad relived his youth at about the same time and bought a bonneville and my parents now go off with other bikers on holiday with stick on mohawks ont he helmets and silly stuff like that!

Must admit I far prefer classic bike styles rather than sport bikes - probably cause the one time I went on a sports bike it was on the back of a courtesy one my dad had and he went...um.... rather fast! lol!

And back to baby mum secret clubs... has anyone noticed how the 2 chavvy looking mums with buggies coming towards you will never want to move out of the way cause it might interupt their conversation despite them taking up all the pavement and you having nowhere else to go?! Or is that just me that runs into those kind of rude people?image
  • i find it funny when its a narrow pavement and you both go to get off it..... always ends up making us both laugh with each other.

we dont have many of the chavvy type mums here, but we have the odd one, and they will not smile or look at you or anything. They decide where they're going and thats that.... but like i said not many so its no problem just keeping out of their way image

(I too prefer classic bikes.... but that could have just been because i was encourage to put my arms round my man in front whereas on a sports i had to hang on for dear life image:lol: )

xxx
  • Lol vanilla...thats funny image

I think my love of classic bikes comes from my dad - the first bike he bought after a 10 year spell without was a 1977 silver jubilee triumph bonneville and it was awesome. Loved riding on the back of that! Bit rubbish of me though that the only time I've been on a bike with a guy other than my dad, the guy was riding pillion! not much fun on a 250cc bike! lol!
  • My hubby has a biker jacket thing and it's really embarrassing as people always ask about his bike, only to be told by a red faced hubby he hasnt got one, just thinks the jacket is warm, lol.

Going back to the club thing. The thing that makes me laugh is when my hubby says "oh, we were up all night with Riley" or something similar, and other mummies just give me a knowing look as they know what he really means is that I was up with Riley whilst he slept through it all. xxx
  • :lol: sounds about right! (me last night at 3:20am!! :roll:!) x