Forum home Babies Baby

Did it take longer to conceive second baby?

We're thinking about ttc no.2 soon, and i was wondering how long everyone took to conceive their second baby.

My little one is 11 months and i'm still breastfeeding him. I've also been taking the mini pill for the last few months. I was on the normal pill before he was conceived and i fell pregnant the first month i came off it.

Ideally i'd like 3 months of healthy eating and taking my folic acid before i conceive, but i'm not sure if it'll be harder with me still breastfeeding and was thinking maybe i should come off the pill now to get it out of my system. I've not had a period since my wee boy was conceived, nearly 2 years ago!

Any thoughts welcome!

Replies

• Hi, my lo is 11 and a half months now and I am currently 15 weeks pregnant with number two. It took us one month to fall pregnant with my little boy, and two months this time. I only breastfed for the first 3 months though so had normal periods for a while before ttc again. I didn't go back on the pill again, and started taking pregnacare a couple of months before ttc.

I think breastfeeding can make it harder to fall pregnant but certainly not impossible. Maybe worth a trip to your GP to ask a few questions?

Good luck, hope you fall pregnant quickly again! x
  • It took 14 months TTC number 1, but had sex 3 times in 5 weeks and fell pg on 2nd time when number 1 was 11 weeks old!

xx
  • it took me 2 months when i came off the pill to conceive my second with my first 1 month!!