Forum home Babies Baby

thought id share (vicks)

VICKS VAPO RUB

During a lecture on Essential Oils, they told us how the foot soles can absorb oils. Their example: Put garlic on your feet and within 20 minutes you can 'taste' it.

Some of us have used Vicks Vapo rub for years for everything from chapped lips to sore toes and many body parts in between. But I've never heard of this. And don't laugh, it works 100% of the time, although the scientists who discovered it aren't sure why.

To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks Vapo rub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime, then cover with socks. Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly..

My wife tried it on herself when she had a very deep constant and persistent cough a few weeks ago and it worked 100%! She said that it felt like a warm blanket had enveloped her, coughing stopped in a few minutes and believe me, this was a deep, ( incredibly annoying!) every few seconds uncontrollable cough, and she slept cough-free for hours every night that she used it.

If you have grandchildren, pass this on. If you end up sick, try it yourself and you will be absolutely amazed at how it works.

Replies

• OOoh, I strangly want a cough now so I can try it!!
  • I will be doing this tonight on myself I have horrible cold & cough so thanks missus!! xx
  • lol Palmtree - I'll leave you to get the cough and report back!

Oh just seen Lauri has one - report back please so we know whether to make our babies, babygrows, socks, bedding etc etc stink and whether it's worth it!xx
  • Charlie has a really bad cough bless him! going to see if i can pick some up today! Lol OH will only think i'm mental rubbing into his feet but what the hell! :lol: x I'll tell him 'babyexpert told me too!' so funny cause when ever I say that he just accepts it must be right! lol
  • I can wholeheartedly agree with this - have used this method several times myself on all my kids (bar youngest currently lol) at the suggestion of my mil who always swore by it and have been amazed time & again at just how well it works!!!!