Forum home Babies Baby

has any one used cow and gate sauce,baby pasta

hi girls has any one used cow and gate sauce and annabel karmel mini star pasta wont they like and are good does baby like them and can they be frozen wont think.

Replies

• I've never used the sauce as always made my own.
    I have used both AK pasta stars and C&G mini macaroni and they are both very good. Much easier than chopping pasta. I've also used Heinz baby rice & spaghetti. The only thing I don't like is the rice as it just turns to mush after a couple of mins of cooking so I just use normal basmati rice.
    They can be frozen when used in cooking (well I've frozen them in spag bol/macaroni & curry and had no problems).
  • Me too - haven't used the sauce as I make my own, but have used the little star pasta and froze it in cheese sauce.

Reiss is only 6 months and spat all the stars out, but that's a different story lol!xx
  • wont have you but in sauce that you have made your self
  • I make these sauces:

Melt a little butter in a pan, when melted, take off the heat and mix in a little flour until it looks like wet sand. Return to the heat and then add milk until it is like a loose sauce. Keep stirring and add in some grated cheese until melted.

This would be brill for Faith as she doesn't take much milk - that's the reason I make this quite a bit for Reiss, he eats loads of solids, but doesn't take much milk anymore.

Another sauce would be to get 2 or 3 tomatoes, remove the skin by putting in boiling hot water for a minute, then putting into freezing cold water. Put in a saucepan and mash with a fork, cook on a low heat for 2 mins. You can then add whatever you want to it - cheese, pureed veg, milk etc.

Happy cooking!xx
  • she eating the pasta and tring to chocking on it toshe is having goog go it. The only problem i have she has to have loctose free stuff so goes milk and butter and chesse any ideas wont other stuff i can do
  • Tomato sauces are good with lots of different veg in.
  • can you freeze Heinz baby gravy once mixed with their food?
  • hi lara n chloe
    this pasta has soya in it this is ok with faith souce is milk free to. wont have you tried
  • i love the boot gravy smell lovely
  • I've just checked my packet of AK pasta stars and it doesn't say anything about them containing milk in the ingredients. It does contain soya. Maybe they might be ok (ckeck ingredients yourself 1st to make sure though). You can get these from Boots.
  • oh no, bummer!

Have you joined the dairy free association - I know they have one, but can't remember what it's called, I know you can get loads of recipe ideas through them as well - it may be possibly linked to the coeliacs society? Might be worth a look.

Man I feel for you ladies - I have enough problems thinking of things to cook without not adding dairy/lactose etc - aaagggh!

Good luckxx