Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO BF Ladies

Hi Ladies

Just wondering those of you that are still BFing do you ever get stomach pains when feeding your LO ?

When i feed LO during the night i get what i can only describle like the after pains you get in the 1st few weeks after birth.

Does anyone else have this ?

Thanks

Cazz

Replies

• I did a lot at first and still do occasionally, but not often any more. I do get incredibly thirsty tho still. xx
  • I was wondering if it could be hunger ???
  • Hi hun, how long have you been feeding for? If you are still in the very early days you do get what I could only liken to bad period pains which is your uterus shrinking back.
    Of course this doesn't last too long so if you've been feeding a while it prob isn't that.
    Sorry, not much help really!
  • Hey,

I used to get kind of contraction feelings - breatfeeding is supposed to cause contractions that help your uterus to get back to normal.

I also used to and sometimes still do have to have a biscuit during the night because I was so hungry! and I had a jug of water because I was so thirsty!

lisa
  • I have been feeding for nearly 6 months now yay for me!!!
  • yay for you! i'm getting there..........
  • No, possibly hunger babe - try taking a cereal bar to bed with you and munching on that (don't choke if you're laying down though!)xx
  • I've had these pains as well! Pretty mild, but definitely there, and Beth is 4 months now. It happens very rarely though. Could easily be related to having an empty stomach, I always wake up very hungry but can never be bothered to get a snack!
  • Yes!!! I get this all the time! But it's like a period crampy feeling. Was wondering about it as surely the contractions after birth which get your womb back into place should stop by now? Has been 5 months for me. Congrats on bfing for almost 6 months! xxx