Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO ccbmommy.

I know you worry about getting milk into Charlotte, have you made her a rice pudding? I made one yesterday and it makes about 4 portions depending how much she eats (a portion being 3 standard ice cubes). Anyway one portion has 5oz milk in it I worked out.

60g rice
30g sugar (optional)
20oz milk
nutmeg.
Wash rice and mix with the sugar in an ovenproof dish. Stir in milk and sprinkle with nutmeg. bake in the oven for about 2 hours on 150c. Stir in the skin at least twice in the first hour to make it more creamy.

Replies

• Is this lumpy Phil? If not, do you think it would puree up ok and have you tried it without the sugar? I usually mix fruit puree into things to sweeten them if I can.

Sorry for the millions of ? but it sounds yum!xx
  • It is lumpy but it purees OK and can be frozen too. I got it off the cow and gate website, they've got quite good baby recipes. I did put the sugar ...but don't think I needed to as I made it with formula (didnt have enough milk in lol!) and the formula made it super sweet as it is. It says to make it with babys usual milk so you could even make it with breast milk BUT I can't imagine expressing 20oz for a rice pudding LO might not eat :lol::lol:
  • Sorry Tiger Lily only just seen this post.
    Thanks for the recipe I will definately try it!
    Charlotte's been a bit "off it" all week. Don't know if it's teething or a little bug.
    xxxxxx
  • oooh I'll have to try it with ff in that case - def no no for expressing lol! Ta honxx