Forum home Babies Baby

getting into bad habbits - help!

hiya girls, Charlie has recently got into a habit of drinking about 2oz, dozing for a bit then waking up again with an hour or so crying again for food - how do i break this cycle as he was having 5 - 7oz and sleeping for a good 3-4 hours? i've tried to hold him out a bit longer for his feed but he starts crying so loudly i have to give in. help!!!!

Replies

• My 7 month old is doing this but he is teething and his feeding is up the swanny AGAIN! :roll:
    I agree about the teats. Does it seem like he is struggling to get milk out and taking ages to finish?
  • It seems like he's sucking quickly but when you have a look to see how much he's drunk its hardly anything. xx
  • It seems like he's sucking quickly but when you have a look to see how much he's drunk its hardly anything. xx
  • Try a different teat size. Also try to encourage him not to doze. You could try holding him so he is not snuggled in to you when you feed (i dont personally do this as i like feeding with her snuggled up to me). When he does doze off change his nappy or get his legs out so he is not very warm and this should wake him up to take a bit more.