Forum home Babies Baby

she's a little bookworm

Charlotte is intrigued with all her books at the moment. She's been playing with them all week and hardly any of her other toys. She loves flicking thru them and pressing the buttons and touching them. I think it's great. When I read them to her she looks up at me and smiles. It's so lovely!!

Replies

• Oh, that's lovely :\) I'm desperate for Lily to love reading, I'm filling up her bookshelves already & she's only 16 days old :lol: How old is Charlotte? Do you recommend any in particular?
  • that great shes interested in them . Macey loves her books at the moment she is 16 months and really interested in them for the past month or so and its lovely to switch the tv off and read a few books together although they dont last that long lol!

I would recommend the osbourne books to younger children and macey still looves them now actually the touchy feely ones are fab for when they are little. xx
  • that great shes interested in them . Macey loves her books at the moment she is 16 months and really interested in them for the past month or so and its lovely to switch the tv off and read a few books together although they dont last that long lol!

I would recommend the osbourne books to younger children and macey still looves them now actually the touchy feely ones are fab for when they are little. xx
  • Charlotte is 11 months.
    Any picure board books are great, especially the touchy feely ones (Usbourne) like Kirsty & Macey said. Ones that make noises are good too (although Charlotte was a little wary of these at first)!!
    We've also got one with a finger puppet in the middle that makes her giggle.
  • Its funny this week Rhys (16 months) get his books out sitting down and "reading aloud"- Its all jibberish, but its so funny cos he puts his fingers underneath the words as he reads.

His favourites are postman pat and a welsh ne "Dyma ni y'n gyd un gweitho" (here we are all working)
  • ahh isn't it fantastic when they take a liking to books early on? Evie is 13months now and picks up book after book and bring it over and sits herself on my lap for me to read to her. she doesnt tend to sit for long, just loves turning the pages and pointing to the pictures. We bought her her own little bookcase for her birthday! bless her X
  • Holly has just turned 1 and she LOVES books, from about 9-10 months books have fasinated her. She loves flicking through the pages touching things and she likes ones with flaps. Usbourne books are fab, deffo built to last. redhouse.co.uk is also a great place to get books although I personally find delivery takes longer than other places.
  • Lily is into tearing the pages at the mo....only hardback books are allowed in our house at the mo!
    xxx