Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

New years resolutions........

What is your new years resolution?

if you could give one to your oh what would it be?

if you could give one to your baby (+ other children) what would it be?

Mine - to have more 'me' time including time to play on my wii - particularly wii fit to attempt the usual loosing a little weight and getting rid of my flabby belly lol

DH - to tidy up after himself!!! Putting things straight in the bin, closing cupboard doors etc......

Louise - To not fight naps during the day and sleep through the night! (I'd take just waking once for a few months....)

Replies

• lol - good post

mine would be to stop smoking (although it'll prob last till 2nd Jan as usual)

OHs - have waaaay too many but would prob say for him to just be nicer to me coz hes an ar**hole.

Js - to turn the volume down and give mummy a break from the constant headache

Isaac - to sleep through the night without getting in my bed

Tyler - to learn to settle himself in his new cot.

but i really just wanna have a year where we can all be happy and not have to worry about moving/red reminders through the door/ arguing/ illness ...........but thats prob asking too much! xx
  • Oh good one
    For me def to stick to my diet and do more exercise to shift the ridiculous amount of weight I have to loose!
    Oh-well that's easy-to acctually listen to me!! Then we might not end up somewhere without something saying 'I asked you to get that' nad he says 'did you? I don't remember that' agggggghhhhh
    Alfie-to eat more and not muck about with his feeds and taking hours-just a recent thing but hopefully a phase. Now he's starting on solids it might be better?!!
  • me - to lose weight so my wii fit i got for christmas should come in usefull

OH - to tidy up after himself, to get up in the morning with in the first 2 times the alarm goes off instead of the 10th + time

Baby - to sleep through

justin/ Maya - to go to bed at night with out messing around for an hour after iv put them to bed
  • Me - to do do really well at college, and ace my midwifery interview and get a place!!

Baby Matthew - to sleep thru! he is 11 months old now...surely this is silly

Joshua...to stop winging and to stop asking for jaffa cakes all the time. i curse my exs mum!!!
  • I would have to say to give up smoking, and probably say the same for my OH as well as he smokes.

• mine would be to try and lose some weight even tho i have so far more is always good so i hope ive got the will power to try really hard and stick with it.
    suggestions and food ideas etc welcome.
  • me- to lose 2 stone!! and to have motivation to stop eating junk!! and excerzize

hubby- to massage me more haha
    lo to sleep through the night!!! even if its just one night!!!
  • Good post :\)

Mine - To stop eating junk and convenience food and learn to cook proper meals more often

OH - To be nicer to me sometimes and less grumpy!

LO - To eat his meals properly without having to be distracted by using anything & everything to hand.
  • Great Post

Me - Stop swearing, make baby no 2!

Husband - Do something amazing for our wedding anniversary (last year was our first and he forgot, am expecting jewellery this year!!)

Neve - Become perfect at daytime napping.

Ooooh I wish!
  • Me.. to have better will power to say No to yummies! and to start shifting to weight (boring but what else do you expect a woman who had a baby 5 months ago to say :lolimage

OH to stop dragging me down the sweetie/crisps/biccie ilse in shopping and when I say NO he tells me to 'stop treating him like a child!' so to stop doing that!! lol cause i eat them cause they are in the house! like i said NO will power!

& baby Charlie! HE WAS SLEEPING thru! but its been 3 weeks now of utterly disterbed night times up ever hour or so! please sleep thru baby! xx