Forum home Babies Baby

help! im going crazy!!

Please help me as i don't know what else to do. Charlie is sooo unsettled in between feeds and just crys or is very grizzly, we make sure he is comfortable in every other way, change him, play with him, etc but the only thing that settles him is feeding him, he appears to be wanting feeds every 2hours and we just gave the hungry baby milk a try as we thought maybe it would satisfy him but no. He's content for all of 10-20mins after a feed then it all starts again. I do wonder if he's got a bit of belly ache but not sure how to relieve this?

We've spent sooo much on different bottles, teats, colic remedies, milk, etc... and im now going crazy! Im physically and emotionally exhausted, i love him to bits but i feel im not enjoying being a mum at the moment because Charlie constantly seems unhappy.

Replies

• Arrhhh sweetie if you have tried everything you need to talk to your HV as he may need a perscription for colic. Does he goe to the toilet regulary number 2's ? If he does then you cant relieve any tummy pain unless you make sure he is fully winded after his milk and he may be getting trapped wind. Dont be afriad to go to the doctors sweet cause any unhappy and tired mum is not good and you will end up getting depressed and need help yourself. xx
  • Arrhhh sweetie if you have tried everything you need to talk to your HV as he may need a perscription for colic. Does he goe to the toilet regulary number 2's ? If he does then you cant relieve any tummy pain unless you make sure he is fully winded after his milk and he may be getting trapped wind. Dont be afriad to go to the doctors sweet cause any unhappy and tired mum is not good and you will end up getting depressed and need help yourself. xx
  • Have you tried Gripe Water......we have always used this with each of ours and have found it usually works well, especially if the wind or tummy ache seems to happen a little while after feeding.

Other than that hun, have things like a possible milk allergy or intolerance been ruled out? They don't always show up with vomiting or green poo's. Def worth talking to ur HV thou hun xx
  • Have you tried Gripe Water......we have always used this with each of ours and have found it usually works well, especially if the wind or tummy ache seems to happen a little while after feeding.

Other than that hun, have things like a possible milk allergy or intolerance been ruled out? They don't always show up with vomiting or green poo's. Def worth talking to ur HV thou hun xx

• ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sorry for the multi - posts!!!!!!!!!! silly computer lol
  • Hello!

I totally understand how you feel.

I have a 3 motnth old son and since he was born he has always brought up his feeds and been very colic. Things got worse in the past couple of weeks and he was even in Hospital for observation as when I tried to introduce the bottle once a day things have gone bad to worse.

After the hospital and a couple of visits to the gp I was referred to a consultant that perscribed Infant Gaviscon. So far is working with the breastfeeding but with the formula he still vomits (even in small doses).

Try to speak with your hv. Before taking Gaviscon he was on infacol and gripe water.

Can I ask, does he arch his back after each feed?