Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Greenish Tint to Jelly Like Discharge???

I'm due to go into hospital tonight to be induced as am 42 weeks today.. Have had normal discharge for about 5 days now and yesterday and today I have noticed that discharge has become jellyish and today seems to have a slight green tint to it.... is this normal??? :\?

Am trying not to worry about nothing so am running myself a hot bath, got a jackoet pot in the oven to have with beans, cheese and some orange juice and am drinking my body wewight in raspberry leag tea??!! Got monster in law on DvD and am going to try and relax until OH comes home and need to make our way to hospital...... :\(

xx

Replies

• bloody be ate my answer i hate that gggrrrr.

anyhow, i saw this on another thread not long ago came back from lots of girls that it was a show. One woman said she thought shows were bloody as did i but her mw told her it can be jelly like & yellow or green too. Looks like your little babs is on the way all on their own.

Best of luck honey!!

bon x
  • hi again i was reading another topic & noticed you asked a question about induction & it wasnt answered yet. Although we are trying for number for quite a while, i have had 2 inductions so you can ask away ill just tell you quickly though.

with my first i was induced first tried gel i was allowed move around as normal after that as they wait to see does it soften your cervix it was 24 hours later it had done enough to allow them to break my waters again i was able to move around i had a few contractions myself but they put me on a syntocyn (sp?) drip to make them more effective i was still able to move around & push my drip!! it was when i asked for epidural that i was brought to labour ward & that was the end of my free movement.

2nd induction i had done enough myself to allow breaking waters straight away & again was able to move around with drip they then had to constantly monitor baby so i had to stay in the bed.

hope that helps & if you want to ask me anything else feel free if not best of luck later on this evening, its fine you'll be fine!!

• Thank you so much, got myself in a right ole state this afternoon as I'm not good at sitting around at the best of times and I really wanted to be able to keep as active as possible, so this helps a lot, thank you xx
  • I have had a a greenish jelly like discharge for the past couple of weeks on and off, i had it checked with the midwife and it all seems ok but she didnt mention it being a "show" plus i am 8 weeks away from due date! so who knows what it could be??
  • I have had a a greenish jelly like discharge for the past couple of weeks on and off, i had it checked with the midwife and it all seems ok but she didnt mention it being a "show" plus i am 8 weeks away from due date! so who knows what it could be??