Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Babybond gender scan?

Hi ladies,

Has anyone had a Gender scan done at a Babybond clinic? Are they any good? How long does the scan last?
I only have anoth 3 1/2 weeks to wait for our NHS sxan, but walking around all the sales and not being able to but cute little outfits at brilliant prices is driving me mad!! Local Babybond clinic can give me a scan for Saturday and I am so so tempted!!!

Replies

• hi we had ours on sunday and found out we are having a girl!! our scan lasted about an hour but we paid for the ??120 scan were you get the dvd to. i do not know if just the gender scan is less time. i have bought loads in the sales today!! so i would say go for it! xxx
  • hi we had ours on sunday and found out we are having a girl!! our scan lasted about an hour but we paid for the ??120 scan were you get the dvd to. i do not know if just the gender scan is less time. i have bought loads in the sales today!! so i would say go for it! xxx
  • Thanks firsttimer33! I booked the scan this morning! I am so so so excited! I cant believe that this time Saturday, I will know what this little wiggler is! And I just cant wait to see him/her again! Such an amazing feeling x x x x
  • hi, i've not had a babybond scan myself but from what i've heard from the ladies on here they semm to be very good at what they go. i seem to remember one girl went for a sexing scan but baby wasn't in a good position so they got her to go back a few days later for another attempt at no extra cost. i wld say go for it too. xx 29+2
  • yay, please let me know what you are having. xxx
  • Is this the 4d scan things? I liked the look of it but hubby didn't...

Let us know how u got on!
  • I used Babybond - they were fantastic!

Went there for my Nuchal scan and then again for the gender scan (it was cheaper because we'd had the Nuchal there as well).

As Siany says, my little madam was in the wrong place and wouldn't move (we tried for more than an hour!), so we went back a few days later and they scanned again for no extra charge!

I couldn't recommend them highly enough - they were such lovely people and didn't mind at all that she was in the wrong place!

Good luck...

C xx
  • How exciting for you!!!! I'll be looking out for your news on Saturday - what time is the scan?
  • The scan 9:15 am, so nice and early! When we had our 12 week scan it was at 4:30pm and the day of waiting almost killed me!
    I did think about baby being in wrong place and maybe you ladies can help with this too.... When we had our last scan, everyone said it would be so exciting and the baby would be moving around and waving, but nooooooo, not our little pip! He/she just lay there, picture perfect and after some prodding to get it to move around a little, it managed a hiccup! That was it!
    A friend told me to either drink a can of coke or eat some choc before going for the scan so baby is active, but is this true? And could it be too active? Although judging by our last scan, he/she takes after Daddy and is not very active at all!!!!!
    Any ideas would be great! xxxx
  • Yes, when I went back for the second one, I drank a can of coke and ate a pack of skittles (yuk!) and some chocolate before we went in - not easy with hyperemesis, let me tell you!! It did the job nicely though - she was jumping around like a mad thing (and come to think of it, she still does that now!)

C xx
  • oh yay!!! Not sure how I will get coke and choc down me at that time of the morning, but I will force it down if I have to!

I must say, I have a new found respect for ladies who dont find out the sex till little pips birthday!?!?! I just cant take it anymore! Even waiting till Saturday is killing me! Just want to be able to say he or she and start putting names and images in my day dreams if that makes any sense?
    Also, I know I will love my little one regardless of sex, but did or do any of you really really want either a boy or a girl? I really want it to be a boy (although my insticts say its a girl!) and I do sometimes worry that if they say girl, I may be upset? I feel like such a bad person for thinking that image
  • hi there, i didnt find out the sex with my first baby and dont think i will this time either but just to let you know, with my first i had my heart set on it being a boy, i really though it was a he too and always refered to it as a he, then when it was born turns out that he was actually a she. i was nervous about being upset if it was a girl but as soon as they told me all my worries went, i couldnt even imagin having a boy now,

sarah 16+3 XxXxX