Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Phenergen tablets for sickness

I have suffered from severe sickness form about week 6 and it just seems to be easing. I wasn't being sick but I felt so sick i couldn't eat, and lost nearly a stone in weight. I was prescribed Phenergen by the doctor and it rely eased my symptons. I just wondered if anyone else has been prescribed these?

Replies

• Options
    there are loads of diffrent anti sickness drugs out there, diffrent docs give diffrent meds, if they help take them, if they were bad they wouldnt give them to you, i had hyperemisis bad until i was 18 weeks and still have bad days now i was given all the usual meds first including phenergan but they didnt actually work for me i was too sick eventually they gave me ondancetron really strong anti sickness and well they worked wonders for me, dont suffer hun take them!
  • Options
    Thank you for all your advice! I was just alittle woried when I went to the pharmacist to collect them and he said he wouldn't advise taking them when pregnant. I suppose I need to trust my doctor, I know I will when i'm in labour!
  • Options
    do you knw everytime my oh went to pick up my repeat presciption for my ondancetron, he got told i shouldnt be taking them, your doctor knows best! they not very helpful are they! x
  • Options
    Hi,

I'm in the same situation as you - I'm 14 weeks at the moment, and have been suffering from hyperemesis since week 7 image

I went to the doctor, and they prescribed Phenergan tablets - one to be taken in the evenings. Like yourself, I was also hesitant in taking them - I took them only after I'd had a REALLY bad day. The last time I took one was Christmas Eve evening in the hope I'd be OK on Christmas Day...(it didn't work) image

When I had an appointment at the hospital to see the Consultant last week, I took my phenergan prescription with me and she said they were perfectly OK to take.

HTH,

Cheers,
    Lis