Forum home Babies Baby

Writing non-return to work letter

Hello Ladies,

Best Wishes for the new year.

My mat leave runs out begin of feb and Ive been thinking about it for a while. Ive decided that I will not be returning to work for now.Threrefore I need to write my manager a letter asap. Im rubbish at letting people down,I always feel bad even though I shouldnt!

All tips/advice welcome please to help me wrtie a decent letter!

I havent taken any holiday time this yr and have had to work the bank holidays. Even though I have been on mat leave since may,am I right in thinking that Im still entitled to the same as a full timer? I need to ring HR butt hought I would just enruire to you lovely ladies whilst im typing this post!

xxx

[Modified by: Joey08 on 31 December 2008 18:46:06 ]

[Modified by: Joey08 on 01 January 2009 16:08:16 ]

Replies

• Give ACAS a call and they will be able to help you with your rights. They gave me some good advice to help me make sure I didn't get screwed out of holiday pay.

Otherwise I'm sure on their website they have sample letters for maternity related things

hth
  • google it on the net hun,i did this and used a template xx
  • I put in mine that since having baby I'd realised that my priorities lay elsewhere and I'd made the decision not to return to work at the end of my mat leave. Said how much I'd enjoyed working there and that I'd miss the people blah di blah.

I didn't realise it at the time but I did accrue holidays while on mat leave so after I'd officially left I got a nice big pay out!!
  • I have had a look online and come up with the following .I have erased some bits due to confidentuality as some of these posts can be tracekd through google! Please can you tell me what you think.Thanks in advance.

Dear *****,

After careful consideration, I am writing to inform you of my intention to resign from the post of a ***** on ****** without returning from maternity leave.
    I thoroughly enjoy my ***** however, as a new mother I feel it is best for my family and for me, to stay at home and devote my time to my daughter.

It would be much appreciated if you could arrange my final pay including any outstanding holiday pay along with my p60 and wageslip for when i leave

Yours Sincerely

[Modified by: Joey08 on January 01, 2009 04:13 PM]