Forum home Babies Baby

Storing Baby Clothes..

Hey Girls..

Just going thru some of Charlie's bits and pieces that he's grown out of & making up two bags, one to give away & one if i'm lucky enough to get pregnant again for the next!

I was thinking of using those vacum bag type thingy's (thats not there actual name!) :lol: but I don't have massive of room in my house, I was wondering would that keep them safe, dry and mould free if I stuck them outside in a shed or in my basement? I don't want them all ruined but we just have no cupboard space , no attick ect.. so just stuck where to put the really!?

any ideas? what are you all doing? xx

Replies

• sorry.. plus where could I get those from? x
  • Do you get a betterware catalouge dropped off at your house? I think i've seen them in it. I dont know if it would be ok somewhere cold/damp though?
  • no I don't know what betterware is? are they on line?
  • I've currently filled an old suitcase of mine as a child withprem- 3mths in. Was thinking this morning what will Ido with the remaining 3-12mths when she is finished with them! I dont plan on selling them as she is my first. Currently thinking of storing them in plastic boxes in the loft as they will be sealed/air tight....dont want any mice eating through plastic bags! xxx
  • I got our vaccum bags from Argos. They are xtra large ones and are really well made. We store ours in the loft. Not sure about keeping them outside but a basement should be ok
  • :lol: I don't have a loft.. I live in a house but its split in half.. I have the bottom half with the damp basement :roll:.. any other ideas where i could put them?
  • could you store things under the bed/cot or on top of any wardrobes?
  • we got draws under out bed but use it for our every day clothes.. on top of the wardrob was where I was planning on putting the christmas decorations :lol: .. got thought tho i'll see if they can fit up there as well, without looking to much like an eye sore! :lol: x
  • we got draws under out bed but use it for our every day clothes.. on top of the wardrob was where I was planning on putting the christmas decorations :lol: .. got thought tho i'll see if they can fit up there as well, without looking to much like an eye sore! :lol: x
  • hey there!
    I just filled up 2 vacuum bags , one with maternity clothes & the other with Dylan's clothes, they are stored under his cotbed at the mo, til i have a good sort out!! I bought 5 or 6 off ebay & they were very cheap!
    Sarah xx
  • im not sure weather a shed would keep the damp out or not... could any of your family store them in their loft for you? xxx
  • im not sure weather a shed would keep the damp out or not... could any of your family store them in their loft for you? xxx
  • I have loads of vacuum bags packed with Kara's clothes and I just have them in the top shelve of my hot press as they go down to a very small size. I got mine in Argos. I think they are very good but I need to sort my things out again and either sell half of the clothes or give them to charity. I don't know honestly about a shed as they could get damp especially in this cold weather.
  • oh I have a hot press actually!! lol didnt think about that! never use it & only moved in just as I had Charlie! thats what i'll do vacuum bag them and stick them in there! thanks so much girls! x
  • I got a lot of vacuum bags off ebay (the extra large size) and found that we only managed to fit a couple of months worth of clothes into one (sometimes two), so ended up buying lots more - we've now got them stored under the bed in the nursery (all 12 of them) and they will stay there until either this baby is born or hubby lets me sell them.

xx