Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

My hubby

Hi Ladies,
I just wanted a little rave about my fabulous hubby! All too often we are all guilty of moaning about these creatures- me especially! But I have just got home from work and I am amazed! The most amazing smell greeted me to start- he had made a sweet potatoe and chorizo soup from the new Jamie Oliver book for my tea and has brought the stuff to make stuffed jacket pots also. So yummy tea for me!

Walked into the lounge and he had taken the Christmas decs down, a job i HATE and always want done before my birthday (tomorrow) and had resigned myself to doing tonight. The lounge looks lovely as he has dusted and hoovered it and brought me some of my fav flowers (tulips) to make it look nice!

He also did all the wahing up left from last nights hasty tea and has invited my best mate and hubby over for another meal cooked by him for my birthday tomorrow!

So all in all I am one very lucky lady tonight!

Replies

• Ah thats lovely, happy birthday for tomorrow.
  • The soup is yummy - I made it yesterday and it went down very well!!
  • Oooh can i borrow him at some point pleeeease???? He sounds wonderful! Hope you enjoyed your tea, and have a lovely birthday tomorrow! xxx
  • Oooh can i borrow him at some point pleeeease???? He sounds wonderful! Hope you enjoyed your tea, and have a lovely birthday tomorrow! xxx
  • Sorry Lynz, hes not for loan image

Havent eaten yet but will let you all know what its like- have tested the soup and was yummy so looking forward to a BIG bowl of it!
  • lucky you. happy birthday for tomorrow. xxx
  • How lovely!! Happy Birthday for tomorrow honey.

xx
  • Thanks ladies!

The soup was yummy, just waiting for the jacket spuds now! And have just been informed he is going to the bakery for fresh croissants for breakfast in the morning!

• how lovely!! i am so jealous. xxx
  • Cor blimey, you are one very lucky lady! I might have to get my OH on here to pick up tips lol. Although he is making me dinner as we speak. Not quite sweet potato and chorizo soup though sadly, just pork chop chips and beans!!!! xx
  • you are being spolit (as you deserve to be hun) x
  • He sounds fantastic altough I can't complain. You couldn't pass on the recipe for the soup could you my hubby loves making soup and that sounds lovely. Have a good birthday xxx
  • Annette this is from Jamies ministry of food book-

2 carrots
    2 sticks celery
    2 medium onions
    2 gloves garlic
    800g sweet potatoe
    200g chorizo sauasage
    sm bunch fresh parsley
    olive oil
    1 heaped tsp curry powder
    2 chicken or veg stock cubes
    salt and pepper
    1 fresh red chilli

peel and roughly chop the carrots, slice the celery, peel and chop the onions, peel and slice the garlic, peel and chop the sweet pots, slice the chorizo, finely chop the parsley.

put a large pan on a high heat and add 2 tbsp olive oil, add all the chopped ingrediants with the curry powder and mx. Cook for about 10mins with the lid askew until the carrots have softened but still holding shape and onions are golden.

Put the stock cubes in jug with 1.8 litres boiling water, stir until disolved and add to veg in pan. Stir and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10mins until sweet pots are cooked through.

liquidize soup until smooth. To serve scatter chopped fresh chilli over.
  • What a wonderful gesture! I hope you will have another fab day tomorrow.
    Happy Birthday!
    By the way - the recipe looks great. I have to try it myself!
  • DInks your hubby sounds great I'll have to leave this page open for mine to "accidently" see!!!
    Hope you enjoyed the soup it sounds nice apart from the fact that I'm a veggie!! I just made some roasted butternut squash soup which is yummy. Must be the cold weather making us all want soup.
    Have a great birthday.
  • grrr im sad cos i replied to this post ages ago grrrr!!!......i think ure hubs sounds fab and should rent himself to other hubbies to give them lessons he he ......enjoy ure spuds and croissants in the mornin xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Oh I make a mean butternut soup too!

Dumbo, im sure your hubby could accidently come across this page...!
  • Thanks Dinks we are going to make it over the weekend xxxx
  • What do you mean you havent had a chance before now? What you been doing?! image

Only joking, am touched you remembered.

Thought Takers was treating you to bacon and egg sarnie this morning?
  • Good boy! Long may it continue!