Forum home Babies Baby

I need to lose weight now - Hoodia??

My bay girl is almost 3 months now and my weight is really getting me down. Has anyone tried Hoodia? Bought some from Holland and Barratt the other day not tried them yet. I'm sure they're safe as they are herbal. They cost nearly ??40 (which is about how much I need to lose lol) though for only 1 month so they better work at that price!!

Any success stories or have I just wasted 40 quid???

ALSO POSTED IN GENERAL FORM BUT THOUGHT I MIGHT GET MORE RESPONSES FROM HERE

Replies

• I've never tried them but have tried nearly everythin else on the planet lol! Best ones i've found are lipotrim which is ??30 a week but its a complete food replacement so u dont have 2 buy food so not that bad value wise, i lost 10lb in the 1st week (was around 13stone at the time) but i found it hard 2 keep the weight off! Lost 3 n a half stone on weight watchers but u really need 2 go 2 the class which is ??5 a week, kept that off 4 2 years then fell pregnant n it all piled back on with more lol! Lo is 4 weeks now n will be startin my next diet in a couple of weeks, hope this helps n doesnt just confuse u lol! Good luck with the weight loss x
  • Hiya

Thanks for the reply. Dont mind how much things cost (to an extent!) as long as they work. Never heard of lipotrim will google that and find out, although dont know if I could cope with meal replacements. Tried LIPOBIND they were nearly ??30 and did nothing in fact I think I ate more fatty foods because they allegedly work by gripping fat before you digest it. Did try slimming world once and it was working really well then my daughter was taken to hospital with a suspicious rash and ate vending machine food then lost my momentum and never went back, I'm just being lazy I know the best way to lose weight is diet and excercise but sometimes I just need a boost to get me started!

Congratulations on your LO and let me know what diet you are doing and if it works! Good luck

Holly xx

[Modified by: holly777 on January 04, 2009 01:21 AM]

• i've heard slim shot is supposed to be really good - i think i may give this a go. Anyone seen that 'one week' product thats been advertised?
  • Gosh girls didn't think any diet pill worked but now I see I could 'buy' myself thin!! Better get a second mortgage though... or get my bike out.
  • Hiya

I've seen that one week diet but I think it's a meal replacement thing again, which is fine if the replacement actually fills you up. Again I know i'm being lazy and want the quick fix but I cant excercise yet, baby 3 months on 20th which is when I could start excercising but my scar from CS has just opened a little.
  • Hi,

I used to be pretty obese and started putting on a lot of weight especially on my thighs and bottom in my late thirties. I started exercising as often as possible and also cut down on a lot of high calorie stuff. Unfortunately I hardly managed to lose much weight at all. I then recently read an article by a lady who claimed that she managed to lose nearly half of her weight using a particular weight loss supplement. I tried it out and it actually worked quite well. Within 4 months I managed to lose about 65 pounds. The results were pretty amazing and I feel so much healthier and energetic now. You can read more about the lady's article at

http://www.obesityzapped.com
  • Me too. baby is 3 months old tomorrow and I have 3 months till my sisters wedding so diet starts tomorrow. I've tried Now Slim before and they were OK but I was eating really healthily too. Might give Special K diet a go as I don't seem to have time to sit down and eat proper meals or have time to cook so a bowl of cereal sounds ideal. S x
  • Started them today so I'll let you know if they work.

Holly xx