Forum home General Chat Products & best buys

Which double buggy?

Hi all, my lo will be 2yrs and 2 months when bubs is born and I live in London so walk almost everywhere so will need a double. Question is which one? So far have looked at Phill & Teds which seems most suited to London but I'm not sure I like the place for the newborn. I'm liking the Mountain Buggy urban double but it's wide and costly.......any ideas very welcome!

Lisa. x

Replies

• have you thought about putting your newborn in a carrier on your chest for a while
  • Hey Hun lo is 20mths and being induced with no2 this week. I liked phil and teds but lo was way too tall was advised by mothercare to squish him in it for the sake of a few months. I liked mountain one aswell but cost put me off. So weve settled for out and about double 360 nipper as baby can lie flat and lo has room to grow x
  • Hey Hun lo is 20mths and being induced with no2 this week. I liked phil and teds but lo was way too tall was advised by mothercare to squish him in it for the sake of a few months. I liked mountain one aswell but cost put me off. So weve settled for out and about double 360 nipper as baby can lie flat and lo has room to grow x
  • have you thought about a mia moda compagno?
    Ollie will be 22 months when the next one is born but he can walk quite a way and this one is perfect for us. He can sit down or stand up all harnessed in, and we can use our old car seat with it as well for when baby is very young, due to a universal fitting and straps, so it saved a lot of money for us that way... there are some good deals on ebay at the moment and you can get a brand new one for about ??180. we got an offer on ours so we got a cosy toes with it as well as a rain cover (that works with both children in the pram) and had it delivered, all for ??176 from a place called mums and bumps.
    In shops it costs around ??200 to buy.

It is lightweight, and the same size folded/unfolded as our single pram (urban detour extreme) so it fits perfectly into the car.
    the only down side to it is the wheels are a bit plasticky, but thats compared the the UDE where we've been spoilt with rubber air filled ones - the mia moda is very smooth on its wheels so it doesnt deter from the pram.
    Its also great because the older child feels like they have a sense of freedom, whilst mummy is reassured because they are harnessed in image

Can you tell I love it image

(it does also have bottle holders but i doubt i'll be using them...)

xxxx
  • well don no if this will help but bought a philted vibe and it seems ok at d moment. bri was 20 mon wen her baby sis was born n she's 2 next month n her sis wil be 3 months. but it seems like she's outgrowin it quiker than i thot so i make her walk sumtimes with the safety reigns on n she enjoys it. but thier dad jus got me an i candy pear, although it cost a fortune dere's a lot more room 4 bri 2 grow n stil hav her sis in a pram 4 maximum comfort. n neva heard of d mia moda b4, wish i had though cos would hav saved so much money. n both buggy's i hav weigh a lot so u hav 2 think bout weight. well hop i get a single buggy 4 christmas cos bri is in nusery 3 ful days a week now n don need d double buggy half d time.
  • thats gerat, but the phil & ted vibe can be used with a car seat, the car seat goes on the top seat n ur toddler can sit on the bottom seat 'maxi cosi' car sea. but not with a carry cot though, had that problem wit bri n mecedez. but d icandy pear works fine as i use it as a single buggy wen bri's at nursery n she scoots on her way dere and bac home. wel i use both buggys but i think d icandy must be my favourite.
  • I have a 14month old daughter and im due my second in 4 weeks, i've ordered a maclaren twin techno stroller, it was ??190 from mothercare with everything with it, i hate tandem prams and wanted a side by side one, this is lovely you get the raincover and two cosytoes too, plus it lies completely flat with head huggers etc included, it says it fits through standard doorways too, im pleased with it anyway image
  • Regarding Phil and teds have you seen the dash? Its between the sport and vibe. We prefer the look of the vibe, but know that the frame scratching will annoy us. Plus as a single your left with the open slats on the front. We like the dash because it has more padding than the sport. Its only available in one style at the mo. the other is coming out end of Feb early march. so we're waiting for that. We're planning to get by with a sling and pushchair till then, as its the only pram thats ticks all our boxes. x
  • with regards to the mia modo - with the seat reclined and the car seat in place there is load of room for Ollie to sit down as the seat he uses moves forwards or backwards to allow room for him. It was something we had thought of initially but now we've got it its not a problem, and it really is roomy enough for him.

I didnt like the phil and teds tandem style prams because one of the kids is basically sitting in the shopping basket making it useless for going shopping and it looks so uncomfy!
    And we couldnt have a side by side as a lot of our shops are in 'quirky' buildings - listed ones as well - so the doorways are all too narrow to get a sidebyside in. Plus our pavements aren't very wide walking into town anyway and there's the dog to consider as well... :lol:

xxx
  • My lo will be 17 months when number 2 arrives so we had a look at babies r us over Christmas and at the moment we are favouring the Graco Quattro Tour Duo. I was amazed that it folded down as small as our current Graco Travel System and had plenty of basket space underneath. The cheapest I have found them so far is about ??220 which is a bit more than we wanted to spend but it looks nice and sturdy so I am sure it will last the duration. x