Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

first jabs - horrid mummy!

feel sooo guilty, Charlie just had his 1st lot of injections. He was all smiles and chuckles before he went in and then screamed afterwards - i bet he thinks im a horrid mummy - almost cried myself, felt terrible!:cry: giving him lots of cuddles now tho.

Replies

• You are brave! I cried my eyes out - nurse was patching me up as well as LO lol xx
  • i cried more than JJ lol!! x
  • When Kelsie had hers I cried, so did she, she was ok after them though, but I felt so guilty!!! Jacks 9 weeks so he'll be having his 1st lot any day now.

My poor babies!!

xx
  • When Kelsie had hers I cried, so did she, she was ok after them though, but I felt so guilty!!! Jacks 9 weeks so he'll be having his 1st lot any day now.

My poor babies!!

xx
  • Grrrrr Posted 3 times!!

[Modified by: garfield on January 06, 2009 06:40 PM]

• I cried too, I realised that was the 1st time he had ever felt any real pain and he didn't like it at all. Making hubby take him for next jabs on Friday, he can be the baddy for a change ! S x
  • It's horrible, isn't it? Even though you know it's for the best you feel so guilty, but you know Charlie will have forgotten about it maybe 10 minutes after it happened- and he knows perfectly well that you are the best mummy in the world!!
  • Fayes turn next week, I've got hubby to take the time off work to come with me.... hes holding her and then I can give her a comfort feed. I'm dreading it already and I've seen her scream in pain with colic :cry:
  • I had oh with us for the first set and I cried! Was soooo embarassed (sp??) but the hv were very nice. Alfie was very upset and hot and bothered.Did the second lot on our own and managed not to cry and Alfie was a lot better! 3rd lot were ok and like Poz says they are for the best so at least you know you're looking after your lo and he'll know that too! x
  • I cried more than him the first time. Had second set yesterday and he only cried for the second leg, I managed not to cry but he's not happy at all tonight (see other post about 8 week jabs, had no replies to my update yet though) Am dreading the next ones, had managed to forget that they have more again at 4 months but yes they are for the best in the long run! x
  • charlie had his yestarday as well, he was upset all day and has been up and down all night which isnt like him at all x