Forum home Babies Baby

Shall I give more food?

My lttle girl is 25wks and I started to wean her at 23wks. She just has pureed veg at lunchtime. I'm thinking of now giving her something at breakfast or at teatime as she has started to wake up at 4am. My sister has told me to cut down on her milk and give her more food. She only has about 20oz of milk a day and my hv has told me they need 20oz minimum a day. Would it matter if she didn't have 20oz of milk a day but 3 meals instead. She can't have yoghurt as she has a milk protein intolerance. I was going to try her on soya yoghurts but hv advised against this. What should I give her for breakfast and how much. I'm so confused.

Thanks

Danielle

Replies

• I weaned my little girl at 17 weeks. She is now 23 weeks and has 3 meals a day.The HV told me to be guided by her and so that's what I've done! She loves her food!
    I started with lunch, then moved onto breakfast and now she has tea aswell.
    Breakfast is her favourite. I give her a full milk feed first (breast) then she has boots organic baby rice (started with a teaspoon, now she has 2 tablespoons) mixed with breastmilk and a small cube of pureed pear mixed in.
    Banana is easy too as you don't have to cook it, just mash a bit in.
    She has pureed veg for lunch and pureed veg or fruit for tea.
    Try and give her some rice or porridge mixed with a bit of fruit and see what she thinks!
    I increased the amount slowly until she was satisfied.
    She is now actually looking for more in the morning and so I may add a bit more fruit in the next day or so.
    Hope that helps.
    Rachel. x
  • Dont cut down on her milk, just introduce more food and eventually she will reduce herself, dont worry about the 20 oz as my lo is 7 months and has about 10oz a day as prefers food.
    Try introducing breakfast, that way you can add milk, get some baby porridge and soon (when 6 months) she can have ready brek. Just take it slow then in a couple of weeks add tea and then couple of weeks after that add some protein to her lunch
  • I'd offer the same amount of milk (don't worry if she doesn't drink it all) and add another meal. Some baby rice or cereal for breakfast is good. Gabe loves his cereal. The Hipp organic ones are good. xx
  • I'd offer the same amount of milk (don't worry if she doesn't drink it all) and add another meal. Some baby rice or cereal for breakfast is good. Gabe loves his cereal. The Hipp organic ones are good. xx