Forum home Babies Baby

Cranial Osteopathy

anyone had this done on their baby?

Replies

• I'm taking Faye to see an Osteopath in the morning, will report back
  • Apparently it's really good for foreceps delivered babies., which Archie is. I was considering so I'll look out for your report. S x
  • Hi,
    Have replied on prem about our experience. Hope it helps x
  • Apparently it's really good for foreceps delivered babies., which Archie is. I was considering so I'll look out for your report. S x

Yes Faye was as well. They also attempted ventouse but the cap came off so she had a slight ventouse head, blade mark on her cheek from the forceps and generally very swollen & bruised around her eyes. She failed her paediatric check because she was given calpol for her sore head and had problems latching on to feed

I think she might still be suffering from this and also she is slightly colic'y so hoping we might get some relief
  • I took my lo for 4 sessions when she was about 2months, it really helped, she had a pretty traumatic birth and was stuck so was delivered by emergency c-section and had a real conehead for a couple of days. She really struggled with wind and pooing and there was a really remarkable difference after a couple of sessions.

I'm taking her back fro a 'booster' after seh has her next bout of jabs.
    xxx
  • Hi Soda

We took our little man for a few sessions when he was about a month old - he didn't have any problems like colic etc but was a ventouse delivery so we thought we'd take him along just to be on the cautious side. The treatment is so gentle that its really just like a massage and Bertie didn't mind it at all! We only went for 3 sessions but i'd def recommend it xx
  • We used this to check out the person we went to see might be useful http://www.osteopathy.org/ZMENNK2BAB

xx
  • Ooh, this sounds positive. Do you think 13wks is too old to have it done, will it make any difference now ? S x
  • From what our lady said lots of lo come years after having a tricky birth and they can help so 13 weeks wouldn't be a problem at all, I would have thought.