Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO - woomummy

Thank you for your kind answer to my other post... and I am sorry to hear that you also have had many miscarriages... but it sounds like you are having a successful pregnancy now... which is fantastic news..

I was wondering if you would mind me asking a few questions.... please don't feel you have to answer if its too much..

- did you have any testing done
- did you have a break or keep on trying straight away
- how did they know to give you pregnayl
- where you told to take a junior asprin when you started to try again..?

sorry if its being too nosey - but I am really keen to just plough on and try and get pregnant again as soon as possible - but am wondering if I am bring silly...

Thank you so much for your help... and I wish you all the luck and happiness in your pregnancy..

Annabel x

Replies

• Hi Annabel, of course i can anwser your questions, and if theres anything else you need to know dont hesitate to ask me. I dont think your being silly in the slightest - i know i used to feel bad how i used to carry on but i was determined not to let it get to me and i would get that baby i longed for. If anything i think your VERY brave and you and your family should be so proud of you.

In anwser to your Q...here goes image

- did you have any testing done

I had all my genetic testing done as they wanted to check me and oh didnt have a incompatable gene that may of been causing the mcs - this came back negative so we where ok - i was waiting for my scans etc until my af came - but it never did and i was pg with this lil man...i had the app 5days b4 i got my bfp and in the consultation with my consultant he said that if/when i got pregnant they would try the pregnayl injections as they have a good success rate. Whilst they cannot stop a pg that is going to fail, they can help support the babies lifeline, thus giving it the best chance to grow.

- did you have a break or keep on trying straight away

I never had a break....i was ttc for 18months in total, took me 10months to get my first bfp in november and lost another in dec so they where back to back, then it took a while to conceive again but i got another bfp in may and lost that one also - carried on and got my 4th bfp in july, had one period inbetween.

- how did they know to give you pregnayl

I dont know why they perscribed pregnayl to me, im assuming as he had experience with recurrant mcs and knew this drug can be beneficial he thought it would be a good thing for me - they couldnt really give me many anwsers, even after 3mcs they said it could just be badluck - but like i said before this drug does have a good success rate - although its not well known, so please mention it if you have a app soon.

- where you told to take a junior asprin when you started to try again..?

I was never told to take asprin - although i know a friend who has had to in her pgs - it can help thin the blood - if its clotting to much it can be a common cause of mcs, and that simple tablet can thin your blood and bring a successful pg.

Really hope ive been of some help - again as ive said before if you need any other help - or just someone to talk to dont hesitate to give me a shout - all the luck in the world

kim xxxx
  • Oh! just read this so ignore me asking whether you were having tests. x
  • Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions so thoroughly... you are really kind... and I am so pleased that your main tests all came back negative...

With my late miscarriage in Jan last year - I had a huge amount of tests and when we went for the autopsy we were told that there wasn't anything going on in my blood that had prevented a full term pregnancy... Charlie our little girl had a true knot in her umbilical cord and at 20 weeks its a very rare freak accident... she had managed to tangle herself in the cord... (just our luck...!) it wasn't around her neck or anything... so in a way I am thinking that if that accident hadn't happened then we would have a little girl right now...

Therefore in my heart of hearts I am hoping that we have just had a very unlucky run of luck.... staying positive is the only way I am going to get what I am desperate for .... a baby of my own to shower with love..!!

Thank you so very much for your answers and I will most definately mention the injections that you had... .

I hope you have a happy last few months of your pregnancy... and I will keep you posted on what happens with our tests...

Annabel x

xx