Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

how is every1's bub's doing on the old weaning?

hi girls
just wondering how everyone is doing on the old weaning now?
did anyone have trouble introducing lumps wade just gags on them i get worried his going to choke. and there not big lumps only where i don't purree as finely.
anyway tells us their all doing.
gio xx

Replies

• finley is doing really weel although we are still on stage 1 at the mo, will be going onto stage 2 in a couple of weeks. he is desperately tryin to feed himself which is quite funny. he loves everythin we give him and like laras lo he cries if im not constantly shovellin his food in.lol.xxx
  • Not too bad. Gabe is good at chewing lumps but gets bored after a while and clamps his mouth. I'm doing a lot of finger food lately as it takes the pressure off a bit, as he eats what he wants and when he's done eating he just squashes the food up or drops it on the floor. It's easier than trying to get him to open his mouth for the spoon when he's not having any of it!

He prefers jar foods but I persevere with home made, at least for 1 meal a day.

Sounds weird but he is pretty bored with food and has never been into it, he cries and pants when he sees his bottle as he wants it so quick but when he sees the food hes not interested

ah well he will eat when hes ready xx

• Charlotte has had her phases of not eating much (she's a fussy one). However since Xmas she's become a bit of a piglet and is eating more.
    She took to lumps quite well but never seemed to like very watery purees so I always made my purees thick and I think this helped her with lumps. She's quite good with finger foods. Although she will squish soft finger foods between her fingers then laugh!
  • Zakareya is just 6 months. He has been weaned for about a month. I'm mashing food wherever possible but some things just have to pureed. Tried to keep them a bit thicker. Because he's teething he quite likes to chew things. Not tried finger foods yet...too scared. Sometimes we have breakfast but depends whether he is awake!! Slowly trying to stop his milk before lunch and evening meal. Going ok though!
  • I think Zacky is doing quite well with the lumpier food (am using jar food at the mo as my cooking is really bad and dont want to put him off LOL). He chews everything even milk LOL.

Finger foods are going well but have only just started to introduce them.

Every so offten Zacky goes through a phaze of not wanting solids, but this only lasts a few days tops as he always gets curious about what we are eating.

Zacky cries when he sees his bottle as well, he LOVES his milk. He gets excited when he ses his bowl of food as well though. He cries when the food doesnt get spooned in quick enough, and he has taken to grabbing his spoon again.

He has also started to put his hands in his food to feel the texture. Messy but funny.

He will not drink any other liquids but milk. Have tried everything.

Have been weening since 4mths. Zacky is now 30weeks.

Beck
  • I think Zacky is doing quite well with the lumpier food (am using jar food at the mo as my cooking is really bad and dont want to put him off LOL). He chews everything even milk LOL.

Finger foods are going well but have only just started to introduce them.

Every so offten Zacky goes through a phaze of not wanting solids, but this only lasts a few days tops as he always gets curious about what we are eating.

Zacky cries when he sees his bottle as well, he LOVES his milk. He gets excited when he ses his bowl of food as well though. He cries when the food doesnt get spooned in quick enough, and he has taken to grabbing his spoon again.

He has also started to put his hands in his food to feel the texture. Messy but funny.

He will not drink any other liquids but milk. Have tried everything.

Have been weening since 4mths. Zacky is now 30weeks.

Beck