Forum home Family life & relationships Family finances

Confused about credit cards.

hi girls.
Im wondering if anyone could help me please?
Okay, last may me and my oh brought a lovely new tv image from currys. We were tempted by the 0% for 12months.

When we purchased the tv, i didnt realise i would get pregnant, and figured we would easily have saved the money in 12 months, and since getting pregnant we have scrimped & scraped to get ourselves out of other debts & are pretty much now on the straight and narrow. Although it hasnt been easy with my oh been made redunant.

Now the tv is something we still have to pay off.
We do have enough put aside for this image
But as from nxt month i'l be on stat maternity allowence image so what im thinking is if i get a credit card i can pay off the tv on that & then pay off a little a month! And then keep the money iv saved just 'incase' as we are not sure if my oh will have a job come march as his temp contract ends! Im praying they extend his contract.

The question is:
Now do i get a balance transfer card? Or a purchase transfer card?

X x

Replies

• I wouldnt get either!
    if you have enough put by to pay for the tv outright DO IT!
    It sounds like you have tried hard to clear any other debts and as you have a little one on the way do you really want to take on another debt(thats really what a credit card is right???)
    Now then, you may well be able to get more benefits but im not sure so thats definatly worth looking into, just give them a ring.
    Please please really think about NOT getting a credit card, if you are going to get one, how, when your extra money you saved for the tv runs out will you pay for the credit card each month????????? and get all the essentials you need to live?????? especially if your oh isnt able to find a job?????
    sorry to sound harsh, I have been bankrupt and being in debt of anysort, is just not something I would want anyone to go through. particulary when being pregnant, the worry is one thing you dont need.
    I do wish you all the best and have a H&H 9 months xxxx
  • Hiya,
    I understand what your saying &
    We have came to the decision to pay off the tv image
    Money worries me so so much image with bills to pay & my major wage cut its going to be tough.
    I know that so so many people are in our position though! With redundancies been EVERYWHERE at the moment!
    X x x
  • Hiya,
    I understand what your saying &
    We have came to the decision to pay off the tv image
    Money worries me so so much image with bills to pay & my major wage cut its going to be tough.
    I know that so so many people are in our position though! With redundancies been EVERYWHERE at the moment!
    X x x