Forum home Babies Baby

The coil?

Hi ladies.
Was wondering if any of you could advise me on the coil?
What is the "succsess" percentage?
Are they easy it fit?Are they prone to problems after they have been inserted?

The reason i ask is because i have this niggle in the back of my mind that my pill is going to fail me and i am going to end up with an unwanted pregnancy ( no offence intended to people ttc, its just that we are really not ready for another baby yet, it would just be the absolute worst timing )
So i want to switch to the coil, my best friend has one and she is very happy with hers and has had no problems at all and reccomended the coil.

Would be gratfull if anyone could share their experiences of the coil with me so that I can make an informed decision before i go and discuss it with my G.P.

Thankyou in advance.
xxxxxxx

[Modified by: sunnymum22 on 18 January 2009 19:33:00 ]

Replies

• I have had the mirena coil for the last few months (hormone impregnated) and it has been a dream!!!

As far as I know they are 99% effective (if not more!) It was uncomfy to have fitted and then had period pains for a couple of days but not anything awful! Since then I have had VERY light bleeds for a couple of days but this is tailing off so hoping to not have periods at all!

I kept forgetting my pill and the doc recommended me this coil and I have LOVED Having it!!! No PMT, no discomfort, no problems at all!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED image
  • I'm haivng the coil fitted on the 2nd Feburary.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Intrauterine-device-(IUD)/Pages/Questionstoask.aspx?url=Pages/Questionstoasktab.aspx

That website is really good and informative. I made a clear desicion from reading it. Some women do experience problems, but everyone is different.

xx
  • I have had the mirena coil for the last few months (hormone impregnated) and it has been a dream!!!

As far as I know they are 99% effective (if not more!) It was uncomfy to have fitted and then had period pains for a couple of days but not anything awful! Since then I have had VERY light bleeds for a couple of days but this is tailing off so hoping to not have periods at all!

I kept forgetting my pill and the doc recommended me this coil and I have LOVED Having it!!! No PMT, no discomfort, no problems at all!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED image
  • i had it for 4.5 years before getting it removed to TTC and i loved it, had absolutely no problems at all and when i did get my period it only last a day and was so light, it also only took a month when trying for my son too.

Would highly recommend it! i suffered for 6 years before getting it fitted and i'm definately thinking about getting it again! x