Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO Goonie

Was going to ask ages ago but completely forgot- how was your honeymoon? How did you get on with the flight?

11+4 x

Replies

• Hi Kimmy,

Our honeymoon was lovely, thank you, but if I'm honest it would have been better if we'd been able to go straight after the wedding.

I was 17+4 when we flew and it was an 11 hour flight and a 6 hour time difference so we were up for way over 24 hours and I was exhausted.

The flight home was only 9 and a half hours but I really struggled and felt sick most of the way. I haven't felt sick at any other point in my pregnancy so it was the worst time for it to start.

Did you book your holiday in the end before you got your BFP? If I remember rightly you planned to go to Europe somewhere so hopefully you will find the flight much easier.

How many weeks will you be when you go?

I'm now 23+3! x
  • Thank god my flight isn't that long!! Yes, we have a week booked in Portugal. The flight is only about 2 1/2 hours and I will be 30+6 when we go, so I will need to arrange doctor's notes for the flight there and back.

I'm so looking forward to it!

It seems mad when I see how far along you are now because it makes me think if things had gone right how far I should be too- over half way- absolutely crazy!

xx
  • 2 1/2 hours sounds ideal, I think it was the sheer length and the time difference that threw me.

I'm sure a few of the other girls have flown short haul and really welcomed the break, with no problems at all.

It must be hard to know you should be 10 weeks further on, we had a similiar due date I think. I'm so glad you fell pregnant again quickly and I really hope everything goes ok this time.

I know you've had a couple of scans already, when is your next? Are you going to find out if you're having a girl or boy? x
  • Thanks, it is difficult, but then you also have the argument that if it hadn't have happened I wouldn't have this baby, so it's confusing to think "was it the worst thing that ever happened to me, or not?"

I have had three scans so far and I have another on the 29th when I will be 13 weeks. Looking forward to it alot, though on my last two scans I was sooooo sick so felt I couldn't enjoy them properly, so I hope I feel better before then

I'm pretty sure we are going to find out what we are having. Most people think it is a girl

• I can see what you mean, this baby will have an identity all of its own and when s/he is here you'll probably not be able to imagine any different.

It doesn't mean you can't still be sad about the one you lost though, especially as it was in a traumatic way.

Exciting about your next scan and hopefully once you reach the second trimester you'll feel better too! x
  • Oh my god fingers crossed! I seriously couldn't cope if I was one of those poor ladies who are sick the whole way through. It is really getting me down x