Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08

anyone still breast feeding or just finished?

hi girls - putting this on b.feeding forum too but thought i'd ask you girls.

well still going - just about but last few days milk seems to have really reduced, i express every night and was getting 9oz + and it's been reducing gradually and now i only get 4oz.

AF returned yesterday too so looks like it's on it's way out.

before i have to get an emergency supply, what formula is best for libby to move onto at this stage after breast feeding? she's exactly 7 months.

thanks
em x

Replies

• Hi hon

I ran out of milk last month (sob).

I put Reiss onto Aptamil 1st as it;s supposed to be the losest to bm.

I have to say, since he's been on ff he has been so much more settled so it's not all bad!xx
  • Hi hun, we're still going but looking to supplement with formula as not well at the moment so want to make sure Rily is getting what he needs. He won't take a bottle though, and we've tried everything! We feel the same as Karen and Zoey, that Aptamil is the best one. I was actually wondering about the tastes of them and whether any of them taste sweeter than the others like bm does. Wonder if anyone has tasted them all, lol. xxx
  • I agree the same, caitlin is n the follow on milk though, i stopped breastfeeding as i was exhausted and had not been too well. She still isnt completely settled but nearly there, she had to be weaned off though, as i had awful mood swings and felt so depressed, hv said wean off gradually not all at once as caitlin and i suffered.
  • thanks girls
    Gonna get some of that in then, so it's still stage 1 then? I managed to get 5 and a half oz last night so I just have to perservere a bit more I think, will see how I get on and hope that I can continue for a bit longer even if I only have to supplement with 1 feed. No dicredit to anyone that does formula feed, I just wanted to get to a year now since I got this far. Rebecca I hope you get better soon. Just caught your message Tracey, if she hasn't stopped feeding yet is it better to get the follow on milk then as she might goa bit longer yet, don't want to be stuck with a whole tub of formula that's gonna be wasted.

Em x
  • hi hun im in same boat luca is still demanding a feed every few hours as well as 3 meals aday greedy piglet but he still hasnt hit 18lbs well he did but has since droped to 17lb 2 n i feel empty (boobs) so ive tried a few formulas in the ready to drink cartons so i didnt have to buy a whole tub!! but he hates it wont touch it now refuses a cup or bottle as i think he thinks itll be formula again grrr such a little pickle lol
  • Hiya
    My lo has formula during the day as i can't express enuf 4 her whilst i'm at work, and she has apatamil stage 1. I tried her on sma gold 1st but she hated it, but it smelt rank so i can't really blame her!
    xxx
  • Hiya
    My lo has formula during the day as i can't express enuf 4 her whilst i'm at work, and she has apatamil stage 1. I tried her on sma gold 1st but she hated it, but it smelt rank so i can't really blame her!
    xxx
  • awe lollyhatch, same here, libby feeding quite a bit off me too, i reckon it's coz she doesn't get a great deal at each feed, hope his weight picks up soon, what have hv said? that's quite a loss. luckily libby is still gaining, had her weighed today she's not 18lb yet though but just below the 50 percentile which is where she was at birth so i'm happy with that.

lizzy - i don't blame your lo either, i always try libby's food, usually if it tastes nice to me she'll love it but if i don't like it she normally doesn't, so prob the same with smells too. just made chicken with apricot, onion, garlic, tiny bit of spice and carrot and it tastes yummy. se what she makes of that.

em x