Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

irratible uterus

hey everyone

As some of you may of read i was in hospital over the weekend for bleeding and pains however now im just resting the pains and bleeding seems to be settling down. However i was reading in my notes and they wrote that i have an irratible uterus but no one told me or explained it i've googled it and that helps kinda!

any ladies had this? xx

Replies

• i cant help, but just wanted to say that i wish docs would explain things to us that they know we are going to read in our notes.
    what has google told you?
    glad things are settling down

Lisa
    9+3
  • Hi i was admitted to hospital at 33wks, i had period pains and back ache for a week before so i went into be monitored and they said it was an irratiable uterus and that it could mean that you go into labour early, however i am 39wks and 3days and still no baby.

They didn't explain anything to me either, but what i gathered from my midwife is that it is just your uterus spontaneously (sp) contracting, and the contractions are very simular to when your in labour, you have to keep an eye on it tho.

Ive read this post back and i don't think it'l be much help haha

• Hiya

I have had this...

I was admitted to hopsital on 20th Dec over night with contractions, as i was only 35 weeks then they wanted to keep an eye on me.
    All they basically said to me was that with irratible uterus it can cause your uterus to contract and cause pain without actually going into labour. On my notes they had wrote 'preterm labour', so im not even sure what was wrong with me :\?

They did say that i may go into early labour because of it and right enough the contractions came back and stronger and i was back in on 6th Jan and right enough i was 1cm dilated and in early labour and still am (thats another story :lolimage.

I hope it doesnt get too uncomfy or you. They didnt tell me much about it either so i also had to google it lol

Sharon x
    http://bd.lilypie.com/qxznp1/.png

• i had this one time after bleeding at 33 wks and admitted at hospital, they said bleeding can cause the uterus to feel irratible as its been aggravated.
  • i had it with my first baby i think it just means that u r haveing little contractions that arnt matching up to much and that u arnt going into labour so dont panic hun xx
  • Thank u all very much, its horrible when drs write things in your notes knowing your go home and read them but dont explian why they wrote things or what to do about them!
    Google just said mainly what you ladies have said so i guess i will just keep an eye on whats going on and hope baby stays where he is for now!

jennie 26+2
  • Hiya hun - i have this and it can be a pain but nothing to worry about....just think what a pro you will be when u go into labour - my mw said today that its meant to be a good sign that it will be quick as your womb would of had lots of pratice! xxx
  • Hiya hun - i have this and it can be a pain bot nothing to worry aout....just think what a pro you will be when u go into labour - my mw said today that its meant to be a good sign that it will be quick as your womb would of had lots of pratice! xxx
  • woomummy - i never looked at it like that, well anything that helps the labour im well up for! I guess its nothing to worry about otherwise im sure the doctors would be telling me more about it. image

Thank u to everyone who put my mind at rest over the weekend, ive stopped bleeding too which is such a relief.

jennie 26 + 3