Forum home Babies Baby

do u think i should go to his doctor

hi girls
wade has had a bit of a stomach upset for two days now. when ever he farts i know i'm going to have to change him. its just so runny (sorry girls) and bright yellow.. he is very happy in himself no signs of pain or anything not grumpy at all..
the only thing i would say is that a couple of his bottles his only took 4oz but apart from that his fine .
how long u think i should wait to go to his doc?

Replies

• hey

How easy is it to get an appointment?

If easy then take him as a doctor never minds seeing a baby, if not then call nhs direct for advice.

Has he got a temperature?

You need to make sure he stays hydrated so would be a good idea to give him boiled cooled water. Water will also help to flush a bug out if there is one.
  • i would go to see your doc. i read some leaflet off the hv once that said if your baby has diorriah (sp) ie considerably more poo's than usual you should make an apt to see your doc.
    again colled boiled water will help keep him hydrated and lots of cuddles.
    cameron got very pooey when his 1st teeth were coming, how old is wade?
  • there is a tummy bug going around atm. diralyte is the best thing for him. it clears up brookes tummy bug in a couple of days. it replaces all the salts and stuff they loose when having diarea! x
  • wade is 5half months now 6 on the 1st feb. its not a problem going to doc but they charge me 30euros so thats why i asked u girls before if its worth taking him . his has no temp at all he seems perfectly normal apart from his little bottom..i always give him water or his baby tea he likes both .
    i think i'll see how he is tomo if its no better then i'll take him..
  • wow! 30 euros to see a doc! I can see why you would only go if you really need to!!

keep trying to fluch it out with water then. i think the poo would be green if there was a infection.

is he showing any signs of teething? teething can upset thier tummys too.

• wow! 30 euros to see a doc! I can see why you would only go if you really need to!!

keep trying to fluch it out with water then. i think the poo would be green if there was a infection.

is he showing any signs of teething? teething can upset thier tummys too.

• sometimes he dribbles alot some days not anything and everything goes in his mouth to bite on but when i look in his mouth i don't see that the gums are going white or anything so don't think he has teeth coming through.
    today he seems that half hr after his had his milk it comes straight out the other end. yesterday i changed his bum lots today only when he has had his feed plus the ones in between just wee wee ones.
    bless him but as i say his doesn't seem bothered by it at all so he hasn't got a belly ache.
  • Zacky was like this last week. But it was his teething, not anything more sinister like a bug. I would keep him hydrated and if he seems to be unhappy, starts vomiting or is still as bad in a couple of days go to GP then.

Guess we dont know how lucky we are here not having to pay extortionate drs fees.

Beck