Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

big nipples...

now please dont laugh at me as im being serious now i think im gona have a bit of a prob wen i try to breast feed i think my nipples r tooo big they r huge and im scared im gona choke the baby will i? cos they r that big the aerola is huge they have like trippled in size and r still growing they cant get any bigger surely i never had this prob with my other kids its really worring me i got these visions of me trying to feed her and her gagging or not being able to fit it in her mouth cos of these great udders i look as if i shud be feeding a cow and not a baby and im only 22 weeks wow i cant get much bigger surelyimage

Replies

• i dnt think u will have a prob hun,try not to worry.Nipples come in different shapes and sizes as do babies mouths!im sure all will be fine.Good luck with bf its an amazing experience xxx
  • omg so does that mean my shes gona have a huge mouth to fit it all in? xx
  • no i didnt mean shes gonna have a huge mouth!!!im sure all will be fine,look at how huge some of the bottle teats are and dummys.try not to worry about it xxx
  • Hi hun, just wanted to let you know i have huge nipples (as well as huge boobs lol) and neither of mine ever had a problem latching on. Baby will take as much of the nipple as she needs, and the midwives in the hospital will check for you if you ask and make sure she's latched on. Breast shape or size really doesnt matter, your baby will adapt to you, so dont worry!
  • Hi tinkerbell83, don't panic! I have quite big (as in, long) nipples and breastfeeding has been very easy for us - no one even showed us how to do it, she just latched on. In fact I quite often think this is the reason why Lily took to it so well.
  • My nipples are huge too, my hubby keeps laughing at them.

I wouldn't worry, the reason our nipples get bigger is because the baby's eyesight isn't very good at first so it's to help the baby see them better. If anything this will help your baby feed better!

C. x
  • my o/h has made me paronoid its his fault he says they r like door stops and allsorts and he says il choke her with the size of them he hates them and im getting a complex im sure i am thnx 4 ur replys girlies xx
  • i cudnt cos my other 2 had milk allergies and my first turned her nose up at my big nipples i think i scared her lol so this will be my first time xx
  • if this one happens to have milk allergy just to let you know you can still breastfeed.You may just have to switch to soya yourself if it turns out a problem xxx
  • if this one happens to have milk allergy just to let you know you can still breastfeed.You may just have to switch to soya yourself if it turns out a problem xxx