Forum home Babies Baby

Baby carriers on Ebay

Just a quicky for those of you who were interested, I've got the first of my Mei tai baby carriers up on ebay. The link is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=220350783686&Category=100983&_trksid=p3907.m29&_trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=2
I'll be putting different colours/patterns up in the next few weeks so let me know if there is anything special you'd like (don't worry Garfield, I'll do yours next :lol: )
xx

Just realised I forgot to add, I'll do the p+p free for BE regulars, just let me know that it's you!!
xx

[Modified by: Bedhead on 25 January 2009 17:47:51 ]

Replies

• Fab Bedhead! Once you get a pink one on there I'll get hubby to buy one for Lily!
    xxx
  • What sort of thing do you fancy? I can get some pink camo fabric, or something girlier? Would you rather have pale pink or bright? Tallkatie wanted pink as well so I'm going to have to find some pink fabric :lol:
    xx
  • Oh wow I will most def be getting one, pink camo would be fab as my hubby is in the forces!1 Keep him happy (although he wouldn't wear it!!!) xx
  • Probably a thick question but how does it fasten, do you tie it or is it velcro?

They look fab hun, hubby shall be getting me one lol xx
  • They tie. Basically it's a rectangle of fabric with a strap at each corner, the bottom straps tie round your waist, the top ones go over your shoulders and tie round lo. The fact that there is no fasteners means they are really easy to get on and off, Barney often falls asleep in mine and I can put him down without waking him up.
    xx
  • Are there instructions on how it fits? It sounds simple enough, but fitting it is a different matter!! image

xx
  • Another q lol!

Hubbys is questioning me now - you would think it was his money haha!!

Do you make them from scratch as in just from material or is it made and you just add too it? Sorry hun he just wants to make sure its safe xx
  • Garfield, yes there are instructions included with them. It's dead easy though, you basically just pull the straps tight and tie them with a big knot!!

Amy, I make them from scratch. Each carrier uses 2 metres of cotton cord, about half a metre of cotton gaberdine and then a bit of patterened fabric. the straps are sewn in the middle of two layers of gaberdine (heavy duty fabric used for stuff like overalls), I double stitch all of the weight bearing seams just to be sure, although one lot of stitching should do the job as the straps are stiched in a cross pattern designed to ensure the stress isn't all on one point. The design of the carriers has been used in asia for centuries and the original ones would just have been a simple piece of fabric cut to shape, it's quite suprising how much weight fabric can take, in most modern carriers the weak point is actually the plastic buckles rather than the fabric. I use mine alot for Barney and I wouldn't risk it if I wasn't completely happy it was safe, if not even seen any signs of any weak points when I put Millie in it and she is about 28lb's now. In theory it should carry about 35lb's, although I haven't got the facilities (or a heavy enough toddler lol) to test that properly myself!!
  • wow just looked on ebay and the layout and eveything looks fantastic, really professional!!

just to let you know, i typed "mei tai" in the search part because i wanted to see if there were many others being sold and yours didn't come up but there were a few others?? then i tried "mooboo" and it said no results found. thought i'd let you know as it may be that other people won't find yours?? i don't know it was a bit weird!

also, a question, when you put a newborn in it, are they upright or is there a way to lie them down?

thanks, and well done you kerry, they look brilliant!
  • Thanks hunni, sorry for the 3rd degree lol!! Should keep him happy so I can get one haha xx
  • just wont to say you done really good job hun well done
  • Mum02, I know! I've just realised the same thing and I have absolutely no idea why! I'm just about to start a new topic and see if anyone knows how to sort it out. I've used Ebay loads as a buyer but this is the first time I've sold anything.
    To answer your question, newborns go upright as well. If I'm totally honest I think they are better from about 2 months once they have a bit of head control, but you can use a muslin or similar to act as a little head support and use them from birth. For little babies you cross their legs up in the carrier so they sit like little frogs :lol:
    xx
  • Mum02, I know! I've just realised the same thing and I have absolutely no idea why! I'm just about to start a new topic and see if anyone knows how to sort it out. I've used Ebay loads as a buyer but this is the first time I've sold anything.
    To answer your question, newborns go upright as well. If I'm totally honest I think they are better from about 2 months once they have a bit of head control, but you can use a muslin or similar to act as a little head support and use them from birth. For little babies you cross their legs up in the carrier so they sit like little frogs :lol:
    xx
  • wow bedhead that looks a very professional site! ive saved you to my favourites sellers, let me work on hubby and i might come back to you for one for my harry, so that i can walk the dog over the fields again! I did have a carrier from mothercare but the metal rings snapped and i never got round to getting another - just tie-ing a big knot sounds pretty foolproof!

clare & harry x
  • ooh they look fab hun! i have a mei tai for evie, but anyone thinkin of getting one they are fab!!! wish i got 1 to start with instead of wasting money on other slings, evie looks soooo comfy in hers even at 8m and they r way more comfortable for mum too and less bulky ( i put mine in the change bag so oliver can borrow evies buggy for a rest image xx
  • Just bumping for Crafycharli to see!
  • Hey hey - thanks matey - will pop and look on this evening as Max is rampaging at the mo!! :lol:
  • Had a look and it looks absolutely fab! The little movie how to use them is great. Makes me wanna get one but I would need another baby first te he he. I will definitely get one if any friends get pregnant, it will make a great gift .
  • bedhead if you cant manage purple ill have pink one too, my oh said he'll buy me it as i keep using caitlin as an excuse so i dont get much housework done lol, well she wants to be with mummy what can i do so i explain and showed him the carrier and he said go on then spend more of my oney, wasnt actually his i was after but result! lol
  • hey very professional!
    Have added you to favourites. Will have to get pregnant again in order to make an excuse to buy one as we already ahve a baby carrier. xxx