Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Am i worrying to much?!!

Im only 4+5 but i just cant stop worrying that something is going to go wrong. Im getting a few pains in my left hand side and just think the worst.
I think im going to pay for an early scan, where i am i can get one at 6 weeks for ??50, i know you wont be able to see anything but im going mad with worry!
xx

Replies

• Hi

Chances are you will spend your whole time worrying. I have worried since the second I found out. Thought it would get better by the 12 weeks scan, nope it didn't. The 20 week scan helped a little, but I still worry every day. I am 32 weeks at the moment and I am still worrying. Do what you have to do to make yourself feel better. If you want the scan have the scan. That's my opinion anyway.

Kris 32+2
  • Thank you for your reply, i have just booked the scan, its in just under 2 weeks so hopefully it will put my mind at rest a bit.

Thanks
  • I worried the whole way through my pregnancy so totally know how you are feeling! it is definitely normal to have twinges at the early stages. the pains I had were actually so bad I went to docs about it before I knew I was pregnant! However, i would def make sure you have someone medical you can speak to for reassurance-I would think this would be your GP at this stage. Mine was brill and would ring me if I was worried about things (think all GPs offer this service). Also i should think if you explained your concerns to GPs and how worried you are they should book you in for an early scan anyway rather than you having to pay for it. one thing I would say with an early scan is that if you can bear it wait till week 7 as there is more chance that you will see a heartbeat as well as just a sac which on its own isn't especially reassuring.
    Have you been checked out by doc? The main prob that pains at early stage can be is ectopic pregnancy which they can usually rule out with examination.

Hope some of that helps-you prob will worry whole way through just make sure you get the reasssurance from the people who know what they are talking about if you need to

Sophy X
  • Thanks sophy, i have tried to ring my docs but they are not very helpful at all (well the receptionists!), i have told them that i am worried about the pains. They have booked me for my booking in appointment on the 9th of feb and i will be 6+5 but this just seems to long away to wait as im so worried.
    Not sure what to do really.
  • That is disgraceful that your docs are fobbing you off! Can you request an emergency appointment-they should prioritise you if you are pregnant. I am sure everything is OK but quite frankly your mental well being is just as important. Maybe try ringing again-you might get a nicer receptionist? If you find it difficult to argue your case can you get someone else to ring for you? Alternatively do you have a drop in centre anywhere near you? Just think you would feel so much better after some reassurance. Good luck X
  • Hi hun, I had pains as well in the first few weeks. More often than not it's just everything stretching which causes the pains but I know it is worrying. I had a scan at 6 weeks which showed my little beans heart beating away. It was so reassuring.
    I know it's easier said than done but try to relax a little. I'm sure when you have your scan, you'll feel so much better.
    Take care and congratulations!
    Love Sapphire
    11+5
    xxx
  • Hi,

Just wanted to say try not to worry...I have had pains off and on all the way through and I'm 17 weeks and 3 days now. It's just body adjusting to baby 9 times out of 10. It is worrying but it's important for baby to try and relax a bit. If you have major concerns get an emergancy appt at docs to ease your mind.

Hugs

Sazzle xx
  • Aw, I remember that feeling of dread sooo clearly and I'm afraid I don't have any advice except force yourself to think of something cheerful every time that little niggling worry comes into your head. What will be will be and worrying won't change it (EEK, you must hate me for using such a cliche but it's my mantra when I'm worried about something). The girls on here were lovely and reassuring - between them and actually FORCING myself to think about something nice every time I worried, I got through those first few months - you will too.

I found I relaxed hugely after my first scan, although the worry didn't properly go until she was in my arms (and now I have a whole new set of worries!)

Hope you're able to think positive (at least, more often that you think negative, if not all the time) :\) Good luck.

• Thanks Pinktoothbrush