Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

A bleed but emergency scan shows OK????

11 weeks: I don't know what to do! I was in a meeting today at work and felt suddenly very wet (sorry), went to the loo and a significant amount of blood. Felt ill, An ambulance was called and I went to hospital. had 2 wait 3 hrs, before being transfered elsewhere for a scan with an OB. They said the heart was beating and all was the right size etc. Could not explain the bleeding. WHY!!!!

Replies

• there can be loads of reasons for the bleeding, most of them are nothing to worry about. i've had four lots of bleeding at 9, 11, 13 and 15 weeks, each time i was scanned but nothing was found. now 24 weeks and everything has settled down. try not to worry and just put your feet up.

hope this helps
    clare
  • Hi surreygirl

As clare said above there can be many reasons to bleed in pregnancy and it is surprisingly common.

Take comfort in the fact that everything was ok on the scan - that is what really matters.

I hope you're feeling better and the bleeding settles and the rest of your pregnancy is healthy and happy.

Good luck, NN xx