Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Which formula milk do you all use?

I am currently combining breast and bottle as Emmie is sometimes getting aggitated on the breast. It's making me wonder whether i'm not producing as much???
I'm currently using Aptamil formula. What is everyone else using and why have you chosen that brand?
Sam xxx

Replies

• I use Cow & Gate - chose it cos it's a really well known brand & has prebiotics in image Also because most shops seem to sell it so you never get caught short. I use the hungry baby version - used SMA gold as a first milk and that was ok too but lo was a bit sicky on it.
  • I use cow and gate too, for the same reasons that the other's stated!
  • As I said on the other thread about sterilising I am not a Mum but was a nanny. Aptimil is dead easy cuz it has the scraper on the corner so you don't need a knife to level off the scoops. I don't know the benefits of different types of milk but if they are all pretty similar then I would go with convenience and its really convenient!
  • Cow and gate also has the scrap of thing on the side inside the box!
  • Hi, i use cow and gate for hungrier babies! not sure why i went for cow and gate, but hes happy on it.

keely.
  • hi i use sma becase its lighter to digest ans helps in case of constipation

martha
  • Hiya

I use Cow and Gate Comfort because Isabella wasnt taking sma gold very well and has bad colic, c+g comfort helps her digest her food easier and is easier to settle.

• for my first two and a half years ago i used cow & gate she had bad colic till she was 3 months now expecting my second and wondering which milk to use. I used cow & gate cause my mother gave it me but just wondered if there was a conection to the milk i used as i used dr browns anti colic bottles and didnt see an improvement
  • i use aptamil- started of on sma gold but lo was really sicky on it, then went to aptamil easy digest but she got really bad diahorrea, so changed to aptamil 1st stage and shes really settled on it. xxx
  • i use aptamil- started of on sma gold but lo was really sicky on it, then went to aptamil easy digest but she got really bad diahorrea, so changed to aptamil 1st stage and shes really settled on it. xxx
  • i used aptamil first but my little boy came up in a rash, aptamil has a fish extract in and all the males on my partners side come up in a rash every time they have fish. now use sma gold in the daytime and cow and gate hungry milk for his last feed to get him through the night. partner chose cow and gate cos of the advert with the laughing babies!!