Forum home Babies Baby

Comfort food....mmmmmm

Aiming to get back to our usual chat about fun stuff! So as the title says what's your favourite comfort food?
Have to say (and I know I go on about it!!) but mine has to be Jamie O's fish pie! Soooo yummy and has mashed potato which probably is the best comfort food on the planet!
Also a steaming cuppa and a slice of buttery toast mmmmm always cheers me up! Sorry if I make anyone hungry but I'm off to put the kettle on!
So what about you?

Replies

• Ohhh buttery toast!! and a good strong coffee-or if it's nightime and the kids are asleep a lovely big Baileys and ice!!
    xx
  • mine is o god got loads..... choclate! malteasers,creame eggs,snickers and milky ways dipped in a nice hot cup of tea...

a big plate of cheesy mash with onion and sweetcorn dipped in salad cream! yum lol
    pringles and dip!
    im so hungary now.. xx
  • gotta be a cup of tea with anything chocolatey or an egg custard donut eclair........... or yeah pringles or ant crisp actually oh and a chineeses takeawy xxx
  • oh my god I could eat everything you've all mentioned-can you tell I like me food?!! Was really good and made sure there were no biscuits in the house but I could right go a custard cream or bourbon (sp??) dunked in a lovely big cuppa! Or malteasers, snickers creme eggs...oh flippin heck my stomache's rumbling!
    Am off to feed lo then look in all me cupboards for something chocolately! x
  • A nice casserole with roast potatoes or chocolate or a big bowl of spag bol.....mmm.x
  • pea and ham soup! MMmmmmmmmmmmmm

made some the other day and i was just like my nans used to be

• Oh soup, good one kell2, am addicted to leek and potato at the minute have some in the fridge ready for me tea-with nice bread to make it even more delicious!! And Vanilla in my amazing Jamie O book they have a recpie for scones. I heard Chris Moyles saying he's made them so I should give 'em a go.
    Crikey I'm never gonna loose any weight this way. Why doesn't lettuce taste like this or steamed veg and fish?!!! xx
  • mum to 1 have you tried morissons own leek and potato soup, its delicious! im a soup adict!!

"my names kelly and im adicted to soup!"

i make loads and hubby always says how nice it smells but wont try it

xx
  • Hey vanilla it's Jamie's Ministry of Food one-green cover with white writing and I swear it is sooooooo brilliant well worth the tenner. Well I bought is as soon as it came out and paid full price but anyway.
    Kell2 I love soup too-I think it fills you up easily too. Made ginger and and parsnip soup and that was ok (from Jamie O again!!) bit over powering and I couldn't eat too much of it. Am sticking to me fav never lets me down and its soooo easy!!x
  • Mmm, hungry now. Love sweet potato chips, korma slices, glazed krispy kreme donuts, dark choc hobnobs, and custard! xxx
  • Ooooh, custard and banana's makes me think of when I was little-a very long time ago yummmmm! x
  • sausage, smokey bacon, mushrooms (cooked in butter) egg, fresh grilled toms, fried slice, beans and a HUGE mug of tea oooohh and brown sauce

i think i gained 3 stone just thinking about it,lol
  • Ohhh your making me hungry! Mine has to be a huuge roast dinner oh and beef hula hoops, went through about 5 packs a day when i was pregnant thats one craving that hasnt gone! lol
    Gill
    xxxx
  • CHEESCAKE image Always a nice slice of cheesecake gets my mood on the right track . Also big cup of coffe with a cig on the steps outside but thats a big no no atm image Time to quit!
  • Am partial to the odd Latte from Costa, it toally calms me during a busy work or mum day.

Food! M&S do a lovely chocolate fudge brownie type thing. Other than that I'm a savory girl with Fish and Chips (must be chip shop bought) all the way!! Preferably with a buttered roll and pickled gerkin!

xxxxx
  • A bar of Galaxy has to be my ultimate. Or a nice pudding - fruit crumble, sticky toffee pudding, ice cream (not all together)...yummy
  • Mum to 1 i got that jamie o book 4 xmas then 4got all about it til this week, i made the mince & onion pie last night n am makin the pannetone & strawberry cake on sat 4 my step sister's birthday party! My fave comfort food has gotta be cheese on toast, my oh make's the best i've ever tasted! N diet coke, coffee, double deckers, pizza, macD's, special fried rice n crisps, and thats all just 4 my lunch ha ha! No wonder i've got 4 stone of baby weight 2 lose x
  • i missed out cashew nuts xx
  • ooooh mrs_wright I haven't done the mince and onion pie will have a go at that with mash potatos-obviously!! Hope your cake goes well for Sat-take a photo to show us?
    A nice cold Coke is yummy too....might have to have another slice of toast now! Love cashew nuts too hayleyspirit and pistachios and brazils aren't too bad either! Can you tell I love me food?! x