Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

arrr need sleep

hi please help my two year old is poorly and not sleeping so well she seems to just have a cough during the day but at night about the time we go to bed she starts to scream it doesnt matter what we do we have tried cuddles ,letting her scream ,cough medicin,calpol, putting her in with us,inhaler, we are going a bit mental to be honest apart from her cough shes fine during the day if i take her docs i know il get told its a virus and to be honest im getting fed up of giving her drugs lol any advice how ever small i really want to hear it what havent we thought of???????? is she old enough to have night terrers?????? why cant we compfort her????
any advice grafully recieved xxxxx

Replies

• no help..sorry - but just wanted to sympathise. cole has a cough and a cold and is teething 2 molars so he's been awfully unsettled too and we've had several rough nights. Add into that the neighbours moving their baby into his own room next to our room and he wakes up 3 times a night and wakes me and i'm bloody knackered!

We give him tixylix and calpol in the bath before bed to try and help him get off to sleep. It may be worth taking her to the docs just to get her checked out just in case there is something wrong you haven't picked up on.
  • Hi

No advice sorry but my nephew went through a phase of this and in the end the only thing that help my sil was going back to giving a couple of oz warm milk in a bottle - this may be a backwards step for you but it did work for them- she thought that his throat was sore from the coughing and got worse at night cos he was thirsty and the sucking was soothing

good luck tonight x