Forum home Babies Baby

Weaning Advice pretty please! :)

Hi ladies,

am just wondering if I could have some advice from you all about weaning my LO. We've just started giving her a little baby rice at 10am every day before her bottle and she's getting on really well with it (She's 17wks BTW) but I have no idea where to go from here!

Unfortunately I see my HV once a week at a rather large baby clinic and the only conversations I seem to have are hurried ones or I get hassled to attend another bloody baby group image so I don't really want to ask her for advice unless I have to! :lol:

So I was wondering when did you move you LO's onto other foods or did you just extend the baby rice to other times.. its all sooooo confusing! :\?

Thanks!

Replies

• I gave Dylan baby rice for a few days, then moved on to fruit & veg puree's (i followed the Annabel Karmel book for the first part of weaning).
    Sarah xx
  • Thanks for the tips ladies! I think I'll start on the purees and see how we get on! I'm an awful cook but even I can't get purees wrong... I hope! image

Thanks again
  • we never had baby rice either so just started on baby cereals or fruit puree for breakfast. then moved onto sweet potato and other verggies for dinner, then onto tea, then added meat. then he had puddings after his meals and now he has snacks too...there arent enough hours in the day to fit all his food in! lol! xx
  • I gave baby rice once a day for week then second week offered fruit puree mixed with baby rice annabel karmel calls it cream of fruits.
    easy to puree fruit babe peel it steam or simmer it puree with a hand blender pour into sterilized ice cube trays and freeze pop out into freezer bags when frozen then just defrost what you need each day. annabel karmel has some good ideas for purees
  • I gave baby rice once a day for week then second week offered fruit puree mixed with baby rice annabel karmel calls it cream of fruits.
    easy to puree fruit babe peel it steam or simmer it puree with a hand blender pour into sterilized ice cube trays and freeze pop out into freezer bags when frozen then just defrost what you need each day. annabel karmel has some good ideas for purees
  • sorry meant to say second week offered it twice a day