Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pains - v worried

Hi All,

Please reassure me as I'm freaking out a bit. I'm 8 weeks today and woke up in the night with sharp tugging pains every few mins low down in middle of my tummy. Wasn't too worried as thought they were just the stretching pains people talk about. But now it has turned into more af style cramps. It's not agonising but quite uncomfortable. Seems fairly constant dull ache which sometimes get stronger and then subsides again. Also back aches a bit too.
Is this normal? I mc'd at 8+2 last time and am so scared.

Please tell me others have had these pains and were fine.

Thanks
xx

[Modified by: Baby B on 30 January 2009 12:03:16 ]

Replies

• hi hunn i had af like pains from my bfp till about 13 weeks i think its totally normal well im 25+6 now and lo kicks me for most of the day to let me know shes there. try not to panic as the stress isnt good if your really worried call your midwife shes there to help and reasure you im sure you will be fine
    claire
  • I had cramps on and off up until 16 weeks so its perfectly normal, although its natural to be worried if you've miscarried before.

Fingers crossed this weekend goes quickly for you so that you can be '8+3' as I'm sure that will be a relief.

Bec 25 weeks today!

• I can imagine that you are really worried. I have had a few pains but nothing major I am only 5+2 today. When I spoke to the doctor the other day she said only to worry about pains of they were in one specific place constantly or if you have any blood present. If you have either of the previous give your midwife or doctor a call maybe they can give you some reassurance.
    I hope your feeling better this afternoon.
    xx
  • Hey honey, i am very new to all this but just wanted to offer you a cyber hug and i'm sure the other girls know what they are talking about but if u have any worries i'd contact ur midwife/doc. Fingers crossed everything is ok for you. Sxx
  • i just sent you an email then saw this.
    i had cramps and twinges and backache etc a lot and i was googling nearly every day and it seems as though everything is just stretching.
    (and i actually mentioned in my email to you that i had also had bad stomach pains at 8 weeks after i screamed at that spider, but despite worrying myself to bits it was ok)

try to get some rest so hopefully they will go,

big hugs hun xxxx
  • Just wanted to say that I have had these type of pains since my BFP. I am now 11 weeks tomorrow and still getting them. I spoke to nurse last week and she said they're quite common. xx
  • Im still having these now hun and am almost 15 weeks

xxx

It covers the installation and commissioning of the LAN/Firewall hardware we are using in the new Data Centres.
    ;\)
  • Im still having these now hun and am almost 15 weeks

xxx

It covers the installation and commissioning of the LAN/Firewall hardware we are using in the new Data Centres.
    ;\)

Did you copy this instead of your ticker? tee hee!!!!!!

xxx